Greetings dear friends & readers & Happy Sunday to you all
|New Garden Sign hung up just last week|
After spending every spare moment in the garden before my group last weekend, it was lovely this week to catch my breath & spend some pleasant time in my sewing room
I had completely sold out of some items, though to be honest, I did not have great stocks of them to begin with.
The herbal mothball sachets (above) were one such item ... so I made another batch this week, then sewed & filled some muslin bags.
You can find the recipe for these at the bottom of this post here.
|6 new golly teatowels waiting to be wrapped individually in cellophane|
Likewise I noticed there were no golly teatowels left.
I try to keep a nice range of good quality teatowels in stock ready to applique when I need some fresh new ones.
When I made the Tilda Teacup Pincushions back here, I wasn't too sure how they would sell.
I was pleasantly surprised to notice there were only 2 left so, as I still had a good selection of china coffee cups on hand, I was able to put together some more.
I really love the way the gorgeous Tilda fabrics complement the dainty bone china.
My friend Gail bought some rubbish out which she had asked the Mr to toss in the burning hole we have at the farm.
This shelf was on the top of the bag of rubbish ready for burning. I asked her if I might perhaps have it.
My original intention was to cover it with chicken mesh & plant with succulents but I realised the thin ply on the back would not last 5 minutes once watering began, so I pulled the back & the 2 shelves off the frame itself.
Again, my original intention was to paint the entire frame cream, but by now, I quite liked the blue distressed look of the wood so decided to stay with it.
As removing the 2 shelves left marks on the frame inner I ran around it with some dark blue paint.
(Incidently I did not have any matching blue paint on hand, but was able to mix some bright blue poster paint that I had with black to get a shade that was "near enough")
I screwed in one of the hooks left over from this frame I did back here, then hung a $2 shop mason jar from the hook.
I teadyed some white lace to age it, then tied a bow & added a tag & a key to the jar.
The addition of some pip berries just seemed to complement the blue, but this vase could just as easily be filled with water & used for fresh flowers.
This item is going in my cottage for sale . . . I am So happy I saved the frame from the burning hole.
These 2 cane doll cradles have sat in my sewing room since before time began !!!
(I cannot even remember where they originally came from)
Every single time I would tidy my sewing room, I would move them to the front of my desk with the intention to do something with them.
Then they would gradually get moved to the back & under a pile of stuff again.
And so it went on . . . . until yesterday !!!
I pulled the old lace off them & gave them both a gentle wash.
Once dry, I glued fresh new lace & silk rosebuds to each cradle.
I made a mattress, pillow & a small lace quilt to fit each one.
Every thing I made was using up scraps of fabric & lace I already had in my stash.
The tiny dolls above were half naked in my
junk drawer bits-n-pieces basket.
They too got a gentle wash & some dainty clothes made for them.
It was interesting that something I had been procrastinating about for
many years a very long time, only took half a days work to turn into something so sweet & gorgeous.
Again these are going as stock for my Cottage .... I am thinking they would make a delightful gift for a wee girl.
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead dearest friends & readers . . .
. . . filled with lovely things,
Lastly, as you can see from the photo below, my attempts at re-training Pippy to not sleep on the table are not quite going according to plan . . .
. . . in fact my plans are going so off track, I now have two of them in the one basket to retrain !!!!
Thanks so much for popping by today friends,
with much love & friendship to you all,
Julie, Blackie & Pippy x0x0x0