Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Craft Market

Mid Week Greetings dear friends & readers

Well, I survived the Craft Market - Phew !!

Before I share my photos I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to you all ... I received So Many comments, emails, instagram & text messages wishing me luck for Saturday ... you are all So Very Kind & your good wishes carried me along on the day.


I have been asked by so many to share photos of my stall so here goes ... in no particular order.
(you can click on the photos to enlarge them if you wish to have a closer peek)

After listening to the rain all night long, the sun came out & so did the crowds of shoppers ... it was wonderful & a really festive atmosphere too.

My Christmas crafts went down a treat ... I am not 100% sure but I don't think there was alot of actual Christmassy crafts at the market








I am pleased I took this photo (above) because shortly after this, a lady tipped her entire cup of hot coffee over this chair!!  I could not quite believe it!!  
I am so thankful that a friend was passing & took the chair squab home with her & immediately soaked it in Napisan for me ... she certainly saved the day !!

I sold completely out of babies tears plants ... I took 12 with me & bought none home πŸ˜ƒ







Although this was my best market day sales-wise, I still seemed to have alot of items to bring home with me at the end of the day.

Here I am serving my friend Jenny.


I had a lovely neighbour - my friend Julie from Bo & Co
We have been "neighbours" at this market for 3 or 4 years now & we were both so thankful for the fine weather as we have sat here before in wind & rain & wondered if perhaps we might both be a little bit insane !!

Some random photos of the laneways
You can just feel the people enjoying the sunshine & the clear blue skies


And if you click on the arrow below you can watch a video that a man has composed of the market day.

The very next day (well few days in fact) I felt exhausted ... nothing on my body wanted to function properly & 
I felt so foggy in my head.
BUT ... if I want to finish all my Orders by the end of November then plod on I must . . . . . .

Angela wanted a "Santa Sack" filled with goodies, but weighted really heavily that she could use as a doorstop 
at Christmas
I had this one lovely panel left over that I thought would be ideal.

I filled a large calico bag with fine gravel to sit in the bottom, then some wadding, then made a calico covered cardboard "base" on which to hot glue the toys to.
Angela was delighted with her Santa Sack 😊

My dear friend Sandy had bought a felt Advent Calendar for her grandchildren but wanted "something" smallish to sit in the pocket that could be moved along each day, counting the days til Christmas.
As the calendar had a snowman on top, I suggested making up one of the snowmen I made for the
 Christmas Bags in this post
I sat some heavy books on his tummy to flatten him down a bit so he would fit nicely in the felt pockets.

Sandy has just collected him this afternoon & sent me a photo of him in the pocket πŸ’—

Thank you for staying with me through this photo-heavy post dear readers
I am off for a little lie down & a nap I think ... rather like someone above!
I hope the rest of the week treats you well dear friends,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

31 comments:

  1. Your stall looks fabulous & i'm so glad you had a lovely sunny day for it. Love the doorstop Santa sack, just gorgeous. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely drooling here Julie.....it all looks gorgeous! So glad your friend was on hand for the coffee mishap. Congrats on having a successful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Julie! That's all amazing...no other word for it! :).
    I'll pop back later and have a closer look at things! and
    watch the video..one thing l did take to..was the dolly
    with the BIG hands and feet, holding the holly! She's lovely,
    with a lovely face to..! :).

    And the weather look great..lovely clear skies and lots of sun..
    It looked a great event to..And until l got to the very last pic..
    I thought Miss Pippi must've have been busy in the background! :).
    Bless! 😼

    Well Julie..Well done you..lovely photos and things, as l said will
    pop back later, and take a closer look at things..Bless! 🐾🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stall looks great. You set it out so well. Love the twigs for the reindeers antlers - perfect. I must admit I gasped to read a lady dropped her coffee all over the chair pad! My goodness that must have been quite a moment! So pleased it was able to be rescued by your friend and Nappysan. Whew! Obviously Miss Pippi felt she had done a lot of work supervising the whole proceeding seeing as she needed a long nap too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention I gasped at the coffee but giggled at the large books squishing poor Santa's tummy down so he could fit!!! ha...ha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great stall you had Julie but a lot of work for you, neither wonder you're exhausted! How thoughtless of that silly woman to bend over your chair with a cup of coffee in her hand!Glad the stains could be removed before the lasting damage was done. Great to see your blue skies and people walking around without big coats, hats and scarves, like everyone is here suddenly!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your stall looked amazing! glad it went well
    love the santa sack door stop, love those colours
    very cute advent little snowman!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Selina. Yes it was a great day & the sun was shining so that sure did help!
      Believe it or not, I am still feeling shattered today & its nearly a week later!
      Have a great weekend Selina .. thanks for dropping by,
      Julie Xxx

      Delete
  8. Wow Julie - so much gorgeousness!! I have never been to a craft fair with such beautiful hand mades. So glad for you that your friend was able to rescue your chair cover. Thank you for showing us all your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your things are so gorgeous. What a talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by & leaving your lovely comment Xx

      Delete
  10. Wow Julie, your stall looked fantastic & all your beautiful work. So pleased you had a successful day, was thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I'm very happy to know that is was success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna ... yes it was great that the weather was nice as this sure helps to bring the crowds out. Have a great weekend Krishna.

      Delete
  12. So glad you did well with your stall Julie, everything looks wonderful, good that the napisan worked on the chair pad, mind you I know a lot of people that love coffee stained anythingπŸ˜†
    The Santa sack is so cute, You sound like me, I can't seem to do what I use to, without suffering later for it, I think Miss Pippi has the right idea.πŸ’€ Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!Your crafts are pretty amazing, and I'm not surprised that you did so well with your sales!! I was just reminded that I followed you from Willie when he showed me your cake recipe, which I plan try. I hope your crafting business gets bigger and bigger! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ro ... that would've been the Scroggin Slice recipe. I am just about to make it up again this weekend ... it makes such a large tin full that I share it with my sons. I hope you do try it as am sure you will LoVe it ! Thanks for the lovely things you said about my crafts Ro.

      Delete
  14. You had a huge selection, what a great stall display and what a lot of hard work. Thank goodness the chair was saved from coffee stains. Hope once your orders are done you can finally have a bit of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post Julie, looks like a wonderful day, the weather was perfect. So would have love to have been there and seen it myself. Your stall looks amazing...lovely too to hear the Kiwi accents πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Thank goodness your friend was there to save the chair cushion..I hope the lady apologised to you!! Hope you can have a rest over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie, I am so glad that the day turned out lovely and you had successful sales! I hope you recover form the day soon. Love the picture of the kitty! Take care friend. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stall was so beautiful and I am pretty sure you were the only Christmassy one there. Your craft is beyond gorgeous, I should know after having a wee spend. I gave one of the Cinnamon trees to my youngest sons girlfriend, for their Christmas tree, she LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Words fail me Julie. What a sensational display. Thank you for sharing to us who live too far away. I think you should go to bed for a week. Snuggle up with kittie, read a good book and sleep 😴

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm delighted to read that your stall went so well - it looked beautiful!! And you have been even busier than I thought you'd been - wow, so many things!! Whew about the chair 'squab' and what a great idea with the Christmas door stop. It seems that all your hard work paid off - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julie wow what a wonderful stall you had ,oh so many beautiful things to buy,omg can't believe a lady spilt coffee all over your beautiful chair,what a shame,glad your friend could help you out though. Hope you had a very successful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG!!! Someone spilled coffee over your chair!!!!! I would've cast a spell on her and prayed her entrails plopped out all over the floor. The wicked woman! She could've at least paid for it. Ooops....sorry for my outburst...(not). Your stall looks beautiful and I love your layout. It gives me something to think about my own stall set out. What sold the best at the markets? How did the dish cloths go? I wish you well at the markets.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful stock, and such an amazing stall.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Julie. Your crafts are beautiful! All of them! My sister and I were vendors at a craft fair on Saturday. Craft fairs are fun, but a lot of work! I' glad Willie left a comment on my blog and mentioned your blog. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, how beautiful everything looks on your stall, dear Julie! Every single pretty is a treasure. So happy the rain clouds parted and you were blessed with sunny, bright blue skies. No wonder you are exhausted....so, so many beautiful handmade pretties fashioned by your clever hands. Now, about the lady who spilled coffee on that gorgeous chair....I should think she should have bought it. Put you feet up, lovely lady....you certainly deserve a very long rest....but oh dear....orders you say.....how wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The stall looked amazing I am glad you did well. Unbelievable that the lady tipped the coffee over the chair, as parents we always tell children to be so careful in shops so for a grown up to do it. Accidents happen I know, lucky your friend was passing. I bet you will miss some of your handmade treasures. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's all so charming Julie. I'm not surprised you did well. Everything is so attractive and eye catching. This looks like something I would have enjoyed attending. A lot of work leading up to it but well worth it.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Julie did you sell all your primitive dolls?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x