Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy New Year !!! Catch Up Post #1 (Pre Christmas Orders)

Greetings dear friends & readers 
Happy bright shiny New Year to you all!!



It is taking me awhile to get back to blogging again & I did consider perhaps closing the door on my blog.
However I do enjoy blogging & connecting with other like-minded bloggers a great deal .  .  .  . so have decided to continue for now.

As I feel I am so far behind I have scheduled a series of four Catch Up Posts over the coming week or so.
Today I would love to share with you the Orders I finished in the lead-up to Christmas when I was absent from here, but sewing my little cotton-pickin' tail off  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Desiree ordered a cream Angel from me, the same as the one I made in this post

The pattern is Charlotte Angel by Rosalie Quinlan Designs.


I had a beautiful vintage looking Christmas decoration from the Christmas Heirloom Shop which I stitched to her hands
Her apron is made from a vintage lace table runner.

She is a large size Angel measuring 85 cms long.

Desiree also requested some Christmas Buntings from me . . . 6 lengths at 4 metres each . . . unfortunately I had some unwanted help of the 4-legged variety while selecting & tracing out my flags

Miss Pippi made sure I selected nicely contrasting fabrics & didn't choose any that might have clashed ๐Ÿ˜‰

This is what my dining room looked like (above) when I had them all laid out, ready to attach the bias binding

I loved all the different fabrics I used but these two in the top right hand photo are my favourites .  .  . olde world Santa's


After I sold the two Tilda Reindeer that I made in this post I received Orders for 4 more -  so ended up making 6 altogether this Christmas
They look very plain until you attach their antlers & they really come to life.


I was lucky our old Plum tree has lots of mossy gnarly branches ...... the Mr helped me choose just the right shapes 
for my reindeer

Next Christmas I hope to make a pair of reindeer for myself ...... to decorate my own walls.



I made 10 lavender/lace covered coathangers for my elderly friend Margaret who lives in a resthome . . . then I made another 2 for my dear friend Shirley, to gift to her daughter in law.


Early in December, a friend I have not seen in 10 years called for lunch on her way travelling North.
She claimed she had no idea of my tastes but gifted me this gorgeous tin vase, which I soon filled with seafoam roses from my garden.
I just LoVe it ๐Ÿ’—



Well dear friends, thanks so much for stopping by today,
I shall be back in a day or two with Catch Up Post # 2,
Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

17 comments:

  1. Please don't close the door. I always love your crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Krishna ... & thanks for the lovely comments you always leave me here. Happy New Year to you Xx

      Delete
  2. She's adorable and I bet she was a talking piece over Christmas, as for the reindeer, they are awesome! I wonder if their antlers will sprout plums?? Boy how did you not get in a tangle with that long bunting! I hope you get make time to make yourself some reindeer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am debating over to blog or not to blog this year. It is quite time consuming at times, but I do enjoy it, so I may squeeze some more posts out. LOVE the deer and tell the Mr his Antler selection is Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your Angel and Reindeers. Beautiful bunting and coathangers. I am very glad you are still blogging. I would miss your wonderful posts and seeing your gorgeous work so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Closing the door! Closing the door! You can't
    go doing things like that Julie! :(.
    What would the two furry ones do, after ALL the
    help, you get from them..Bless!xx
    How is Blackie..still catching rabbits..is he! :).

    The Charlotte angel looks lovely, something about
    those angels that looks quite unique..Their lovely!
    The flags look great to..you see if you did'nt have
    Miss Pippi..they'd be ALL over the place! :).

    Well..it's nearly 7:30 over here..think l'll have
    my 2nd lemon tea of the day, still dark out there,
    dry, but chilly, and the suns been out last couple
    days..suits me..don't do rain..hate it! :(.

    And yes! A very Happy whats it to one and all..Bless!
    ✨✨✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking the same about shutting down but I'd so miss connecting with my bloggy pals, of which you are very deffo one, Julie. I love all your creativity.I hear it's hot over there at the moment!Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Happy New Year.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So...that's where you've been.....stitching all those gorgeous pretties! My goodness, you have been busy! You are very lucky to have help from your 'helper'. Your Christmas is magical and those reindeer are adorable. Yes you make stitch one for yourself this Christmas. Here's to visiting your lovely place this year and being delighted with what pretties you imagine. Happy New Year to you, lovely Julie♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your attention to detail is so lovely. You have a very unique eye to do this kind of work and it is beautiful I really admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas things you have made Julie, love the angel and reindeer, I hope you can make some for yourself this year. I hope you keep blogging too, I would miss your posts and seeing your amazing creations. Beautiful roses and so nice to see you still have furry help!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that angel...how many hearts can I give it? A million. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that your are also continuing to blog. Your kitty has quite the personality. Our furbabies sure bring us a lot of enjoyment! I love those lace hangers! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie Happy New Year my friend ,wow love all the xmas stitching you have been doing,your work is so beautiful ,what a wonderful time time of the year for gift making,your work is very inspiring,i could make xmas stuff all year round,lol,oh and i love your pretty angel Charlotte's wings,so pretty,well done Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am truly fortunate to see a lot of your things you make in real life and have always loved everyone of them. The coathangers you made for Christmas were very loved and I'm wanting more! The Christmas angel is beautiful, I really love how you have dressed her up and the reindeer are gorgeous as well and yes didn't HE do well choosing the antlers:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad you're continuing to blog! i love reading about your craftiness. you're very clever at turning old & tired into old & fabulous! plus you're very clever with all sorts of other crafts too.
    lovely angels & deer there
    Pippi is a beautiful & cute helper; i have all intentions of making my DD1 a xmas bunting but knitted, haven't got there yet but looking at your beautiful bunting, maybe sewn might be better!
    glad you had a great xmas
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Julie, Oh I do hope you will keep blogging, it is so nice seeing all you do, I finally got myself a phone to join Instagram, but still working it out for the moment. Love your angel, reindeer and buntings, such a cute helper. Gorgeous tin you received from your friend. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stumbled upon your catch-up post, and it sounds like your pre-New Year adventures were a blast! ๐ŸŒŸ I totally get the mix of nostalgia and excitement that comes with reflecting on the past year.
    Happiness Posts

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x