Thursday, March 12, 2020

Plodding ..............................................................

Greetings dear friends & readers

Thank you all So Very Much for the kind comments you left me in my last post.
Everything you wrote meant the world to me ... I was so encouraged by your words that I shall endeavour to keep plodding along with my blog & trying to post a bit more regularly

In fact it has been a week of plodding ... some Orders were finished up & I have been waving my paintbrush 
around again
My sister-in-law Leonie gave me a piece of fabric & a chair pad she wanted covered - I forgot to take a "before pic".

As there was a piece of fabric left I stitched up a small plump cushion to go on the chair & covered a button for the cushion centre.


It is almost a year now since Leonie's Mum Dulcie passed away.
Dulcie was a friendly, happy lady who loved clothes & loved bright colours.
The fleece coat above left was one of her favourite garments - Leonie had it hanging in her wardrobe & asked me 
if I could make some lavender filled hearts from it - for her to hand out on her Mum's anniversary.
Originally I was to make 6, then 8 ...... then this grew to 12.
I am sure that due to the drought we have had this summer, the oil content in the lavender is high because these hearts smelt SO fragrant ... just divine πŸ’œ


These wooden items have been sitting in my Cottage waiting for me to upcycle/revamp them for over a year now.
Finally I hauled out all my left over colours of chalk paint.

Top shelf                                                                            Lower shelf
This old wooden trolley has been painted in Sandstone & the stencilling done in Duck Egg Blue - I only own 
one stencil so you get varying versions of the same thing πŸ˜‰

This small wooden cabinet had been gifted to me years ago & - at the time - I stripped & oiled it.
Now it too got painted in Sandstone & lightly stencilled

The oak bedside cabinet above got painted in Old Linen - I love this colour as it has a faint bluey/grey tinge.
Some leftover rub-ons got applied to the door.

This small polka dot suitcase got a freshen up with some pale duck egg - I don't know why I bothered masking 
up the handles as I ended up painting them anyway πŸ˜‰

Some time has been spent with my beautiful grandsons who are growing up so very fast!

They both came for a sleepover at Granny's - we had a wonderful time together but one of us (Yes, you can guess) was shattered at the end & needed a nap to catch up again  !!

I still enjoy knitting at nights  - these cotton dishcloths are made using all my oddments of bamboo/cotton yarn - they are real scrap bag cloths.   But they are fun to do & don't require too much concentration - which suits me just fine of an evening.

Thanks so much dear friends for your visits today,
I hope the rest of the week is good & kind to all of you,
Thanks again for all your kindness & encouragement in my last post.
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

22 comments:

  1. More lovelies, Julie! Pretty cushions for your sister-in-law. And that was a wonderful idea to make lavender sachets from her pretty fleece jacket.
    Your chalk painted items really were revived, but I admit to really loving the grain of the wood on the oak bedside cabinet. But it is gorgeous the way you dressed it up. :)
    Those cute little guys are bunches of fun, I'm sure--and I also know how those wee ones wear us old ones out! LOL
    I don't think I even remember how to knit. It has been about half a century since I learned, and I didn't do much with it. Maybe I could manage dishcloths, if I ever decide to try it again, if--as you say--it doesn't take too much concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very productive. The lavender filled hearts will, I am sure, bring so many memories. Your painted furniture is fabulous too. I like the small wooden cabinet, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Julie..it has to be said, anything old
    you have, in any shape or form, that we would'nt
    look twice at..you seem to turn it into something
    special..! :).

    And..Yes! The boys are certainly growing up..no
    wonder you need a lie down after they go home...
    Would like to see a photo of you on that wheelie
    thing in the park there..! :).

    Well..the suns out over here..third morning in a row,
    the weather lady said it's the first day of spring...
    Don't know what planet she's on..We've got March/April
    to go yet..And, it's still cold..! :(.
    Another lemon tea is called for..and..pleased to hear
    that you'll continue with your lovely Blog..HeHe! I
    feel much happier now! :). God Bless! :o).
    ♫♪•*¨*•.¸πŸ”₯πŸ’›πŸ”₯¸.•*¨*•♪♫ ♫♪•*¨*•.¸πŸ”₯πŸ’›πŸ”₯¸.•*¨*•♪♫
    And it also has to be said..you could'nt do it
    without the help of Miss Pippi..HeHe! Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to 'see' you again, Julie. I love the sentiment behind the lavender hearts. Your 'Paris' trolley is very pretty as is everything else you turn your hand to. Have a good weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Julie.....what a beautiful idea with the lavender filled hearts....a lovely memento. The cushions are very pretty in blue. All your painting has come up a treat. I definitely understand the after visit Nana nap lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that painting, Julie! Where do you get the energy? It is amazing how dark wood just pops better
    with light paint. I am sure Leonie will delight in the hearts to give out to family and friends.
    Hope your drought ends without flooding of any kind. Spring here is weeks away, but it is raining
    instead of snowing. Ohio is the most cloud covered state of our 50. We get only 120 days of some sun, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Lynn. Yes I agree - the lighter paint just freshens it all up. The units were rather tatty & in need of some refurbishment. I am looking forward to some rain coming soon - we had a big shower the other day but the sun quickly dried it all out again. Have a lovely weekend Lynn xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely makeovers and what a lovely idea to makes hearts from that garment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, if only I had a tiny bit of your talent. You make things so beautiful! Even the dish cloths are extra special. All three of my grandsons are grown now. I miss those days when they were young. Don't see much of them now. But I also remember how beat I was after all three came to stay for a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The furniture that you refurbished is lovely! The hearts for your friend are so sweet, such a nice reminder of a dear lady. Spending times with grands are a wonderful way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything you do. I wish I had time to be so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your paint brushes have been having a workout....fantastic creations! As are your lovely grandson's. You are so right they do grow up quickly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really look forward to your makeovers so please keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been really busy and I love all that you have done. The only thing missing was a picture of the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great news Julie, I would miss reading your blog, you did a great job on all your makeovers, love the trolley, and the oak bedside. Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweet Julie! I'm so glad you're going to keep blogging! Wow! You've been busy! Everything is super lovely! I almost bought a potted lavender plant yesterday because the store was so crazy with the virus fear. Nobody was buying lavender, so if I go back soon, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all of your upcycling. Especially the trolley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy that it's you paint brush you're waving around and not your wand to cast spells!!! lol You've been super busy with all your creations, there's just no stopping you. I'm waiting patiently for grand children, the mischief....oops...I mean fun I could have. lol. A beautiful day to you girl. Thanks for sharing all your talents with us and all the inspiration you send to each and every one of us...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Julie - fabulous to see what you have been up to - as always your upcycling is inspirational. Lovely to see how much your gs are growing. And I see you are as dry as we are - isn't it awful and produces so much extra work? Since my mammoth effort last year when I blogged once a day through December I've learnt (re-learnt? become more comfortable?) with producing shorted posts more often which has been quite satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  19. FOR QUICK, RELIABLE AND AFFORDABLE BUSINESS HOME/REAL ESTATES/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Call/Text +1 (424) 286-6076 Email brianandersonloanfinance@gmail. Com

    We are authorized financial consultants providing reliable loans to individuals and funding for business, personal, home, and projects start up. Are you tired of seeking loans or are you in any financial mess. Do you have a low credit score, and you will find it difficult to get loans from banks and other financial institutions? then worry no more for we are the solution to your financial misfortune. we offer all types of loan ranging from $5,000.00 to $533,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender? If Yes worry no more for we are out here to help the less financial privileges get the loan they need to get back on their feet no matter your credit score, you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties. Contact us on the following Call/Text +1 (424) 286-6076 or email brianandersonloanfinance@gmail. Com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are welcome to ACCESS LOANS FIRM here we make sure you get the best loan for your business or pay your bills. Just answer a few simple questions and meet the terms. Contact us now for a 3% loan on all loans, it's easy, fast and secured.

    AVAILABLE LOANS WE OFFER ARE;

    *Personal Loan and Housing Loan,
    * Home renovation and Hospital bills
    * Enlargement of Business
    * Refinancing Agricultural Extensions and Gold Mining
    * Financing projects with higher financial needs
    *Business Loan and Investment Loan 
    CONTACT INFORMATIONS ARE;

    HEAD OFFICE(accessloansfirm@gmail.com)

    WHATSAPP:  +12342018860

     A good loan start with better Borrowing

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x