Friday, August 21, 2020

A Small Road Trip .......... & Another Gnome (!!!)

Greetings dear friends & readers

Last week I had a craft order to go to The Farm Shop at Gordonton 
 Normally I post my potpourri over, but I had 4 Vintage Teacup Bird feeders to go as well & these must be 
hand delivered due to their fragile nature

I wish the computer screen was scratch-n-sniff as the fragrance from this batch of Cottage Garden Potpourri 
was just heavenly πŸ’—


I bagged up a dozen bags each of my Citrus potpourri & my Cottage Garden potpourri

(I sit a bag of Wild Birdseed in each one)
The 4 teacup birdfeeders ready to go - the cups/saucers can be unscrewed from the stakes.


After delivering my goods to the Farm Shop (& making a couple of purchases) I stopped in at Grandmother's Garden - a beautiful Patchwork & Quilting store right in the centre of Gordonton Village.
I had a lovely browse as it has been a good couple of years since I have stopped here, but all that came away with me was some DMC thread, stick on thimbles, a fat quarter of tonal white & an enamel pin.  I am trying to be disciplined & use up what I already have in my stash πŸ˜‰


Further down the road I took a tiny detour to stop in at Clandon Daffodils
Oh My!! I am so pleased I did!!  What a gorgeous place πŸ’›


Rows & rows of daffodils of every variety imaginable

They have a self service shop with an honesty box system & so many different varieties to choose from. 
 Yes Please ... I'll take one of each πŸ˜‰


I bought the 5 bunches for $20 & then came home & shared them out with some family members.
Unfortunately they don't last a great length of time indoors with winter fires etc ... but I did notice the pale coloured ones & the double frilled ones lasted several days longer than the more common variety ones. 

After my morning's outing I felt inspired to start on another kitset - yet another gift from my lovely neighbor once again for pet feeding duties.
This gnome is called Lawrence & is slightly larger than Fraser Gnome - shown in my last Post


Instead of being wild & wooly, Lawrence was more dainty with tea dyed lace embellishments & the most gorgeous charms in the kitset 

The only add on I made was again to the beard - I added in the black voile ribbon as I wanted the beard fuller 
(the same as with Fraser)

His hat trimmed with lace & vintage brass charms


Another mossy stick came from my garden - I especially loved the lantern charm tied to the end.


Remember in this Post back in April where I mentioned all the feral cats that The Mr feeds at the farm??
Well meet Fluffy Cat πŸ˜‰
She was wild also, but has quietened down so much & become so friendly that The Mr decided to get her speyed.  She is currently at the Vets as I type this getting her little surgery done.  We will endeavour to find her a good home as she is such a lovely cat.

And this is what a certain ginger girl thinks about another cat getting any of The Mr's attention - Not Much !!!

Thank You - as always - dear friends for your visits here today,
Wishing you all a lovely weekend - be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

18 comments:

  1. Your potpourri looks beautiful, if you were local to me (England!) I would absolutely be buying some. The daffodils are so pretty, every spring I like to have some in my kitchen as they are such happy looking flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawrence the gnome is amazing..think l've become quite
    attached to them..love to see them animated..! :).
    I love weird looking things..that's why l look in the
    mirror a lot..! HeHe! :).

    And.love the cup/saucer feeders to, always chuckle
    when l see them, many things on your posts Julie that
    l've not seen before..ALL..hand made and unique...!
    Brilliant!

    Ah! And Fluffy cat is lovely..are we to see another
    cat on the Threadbare Ranch..HeHe! Don't think that
    would go done to well..always best to keep cats to
    an even number..Goodness! What would Blackie think..
    Pack his bags..more than like..Bless him!x
    At least Miss Pippi is expressing her feeling, with
    her little pink tongue..Bless!x

    Notice l have'nt said anything about the 'cut' flowers..
    HeHe! Though, it does'nt really matter, l don't like
    daffodils, never have never will..horrid things..poisonous
    to..! Never put them in a vase with other flowers..Ah! l've
    mentioned the word 'vase'..HeHe! "Willie settle down"..!!!
    I need a lie down..and..it's blowing a gale outside...
    More lemon tea called for..
    Oh! Tried the scratch'n'sniff..not working...! :o).
    🐱 😸 😻 🐱 😸 😻 🐱 😸 😻 🐱 😸 😻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your potpourri, Julie and wondered how you got it to keep the colour. Mine's always seems to fade after a couple of weeks. The bird feeder cups and saucers look really pretty and Lawrence the Gnome looks adorable too.Have a great weekend Julie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual loving muchly all your wondrous hand made items. A wee bit envious of the lovely stores near you too. Although I did venture to a Sunflower farm yesterday which was spectacular in the August sunshine. So many people having a lovely time amongst the blooms. Pretty please would you share your recipe for your cottage garden pot pourri, I know I could google a recipe but I trust you to create the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely outing for you. Taking those great cup/saucer sets with potpourri for sale.
    The daffodils are grand flowers and to think you have a place about there where they grow
    them for the cutting bouquets. I'm sure they were enjoyed by all recipients no matter the
    length of time they lasted. Precious wonders about adding a cat to the family, but I feel
    that Fluffy Cat has found the right home and to not have kittens is best. Miss Pippi will
    still enjoy her time in with you helping make Gnomes and what not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn. Yes I hope we can find a good home for Fluffy cat - I don't really want to add another cat to our two - I think it will upset the balance too much. Yes Miss Pip is there "assisting me" whether I need her to be or not. Have a great weekend Lynn xx

      Delete
  6. Another lovely gnome - he is great. Sounds like a nice trip out - you were very disciplined with your purchases! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen press on thimbles. Boy could I use some. I can't stand to wear a thimble. I stop breathing when I put one one.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I don't like thimbles either. I saw a girl showing these press-on ones on a You tube video & I thought how wonderful they would be. The ones she had were leather but these ones will be just as good I think.

      Delete
  8. Love your gnome he is gorgeous. I wish we did have a smell feature, smelling all your beautiful pot-pourri would be lovely. I hope you find a home for the puss, she is beautiful. Higs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Julie, Lawrence is gorgeous, I love his little lantern! Fluffy cat is beautiful, that is a fantastic photo of her, she has beautiful eyes. I wonder if she was someone's cat way back? I hope you can find a good home for her. I bet your house smells wonderful when you are putting the bags of potpourri together, no scratch and smell at this end either. Your outing to Gordonton sounded great, I have visited that quilt shop once, so much temptation there 😁 The daffodils are beautiful, ours in the garden are not flowering yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gnome is just lovely.. such character! So great seeing Daffodils around.. they are so cheerful but maybe because they mean Spring is on the way ...
    I love your tea cup feeders... so pretty and I can almost smell the pot pouri from here!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie oh boy your gnome is super cute ,I find your blog so inspirational,wish I could smell your potpourri they look so pretty in their bags and how wonderful are those bird feeders such a wonderful idea well done on all your beautiful work my friend. Oh what wonderful places you have been visiting Julie,love your purchases and boy how pretty are those daffodils,Thankyou for sharing your lovely day with us ,take care and stay safe my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gnome Julie, he's so delightful.The Daffodils look so lovely, love a bit of yellow around in the garden or inside in a vase.I'm sure you will find a good home for your cat.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie....your potpourri looks lovely and I adore the bird feeders. Your new Gnome is very cute! Daffodils are soo cheery. Bulbs don't do well here in the subtropics sadly! Another lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love your posts....everything is so on my likes list!! You have also been my inspiration because I have done something I had never done before. Check it out on my latest post LOL!! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your so lucky to be able to go for a drive Julie, have been stuck at home for 5 weeks now:-( your also so lucky to have lovely places to visit, It's good the Mister got the cat fixed, one less momma cat to breed. Love your gnome, well Julie have a great week, we are counting down the weeks to be let out of here, hubby has been put on job keeper, hope by the time lockdown is over he can go back to work. Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the gnome and those daffs look so lovely , I am thinking I must get some of the bicoloured ones next year. That kitty is seriously cute! Have a good weekend Julie and say hello to Blackie from me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x