Thursday, October 8, 2020

Succulents - (more !!) Painted Pots - & Bunting

Greetings dear friends & readers &  Welcome to October 💗


We hope you are a good month !


Early each autumn I plant these vintage aluminum pots with pansies ... these flower for me right through until the summer months & look so pretty on the old scales out on my deck.

This autumn however, there were no Garden Centres open & no pansies available.  I walked around my garden & pulled succulent cuttings where-ever I could find any ... I was surprised at all the different varieties growing around my section.

I potted them up into my vintage aluminum pots & they have really thrived on the deck area.  When I posted this picture on Instagram a lady commented that they look rather like coral.


Long time readers of my blog will know that I use the area down the far end of my lounge, in front on my French Doors as my "glasshouse" area

I grow all my cuttings & seedlings down here as well as putting anything that is looking a bit sick here & it usually revives & takes off again.
It was time to do something with a lot of the bits I had been resurrecting over the winter months.


Another fossick around under my house & another two pre-loved pots were unearthed & scrubbed ready for painting.


I have been enjoying using this Grey Mist chalk paint so I continued with the theme as well as adding some Re-design transfers from Paint Me Vintage



I especially love the bee pot - despite this being the tattiest pot of them all it has turned out great.
Last night I waxed them & then planted them up this morning.



While I was painting by the fire yesterday I decided to do another coat on this old red kettle as the colour was faded & tatty looking.


The red colour is Resene "Hot Chilli"

A simple stencil in white & I just LoVe how it has freshened it up - the white Impatiens plant is just perfect 💕



Click on the pic to enlarge .... it is incredibly tricky to photograph bunting !!

This pre-printed bunting panel was purchased from Millymac Supplies a few months ago. 
It is a design by Natalie Bird of The Birdhouse designs & was printed on a gorgeous linen - I adore anything 
pre-printed 💙
Slowly over the winter months I have been stitching it & working on a panel when time allows.



Finally last weekend I finished the last (7th) panel.  I was delighted & decided to sew up my bunting adding 3 extra panels to make a total of 10 scallops.
I chose 3 different Tilda fabrics for my extras ... an older range of Tilda prints that I cannot remember the name of.



The "sunny days" panel is repeated at the beginning & the end.
I used some Cottage Garden threads on some of this to give a bit of variation especially when doing the satin stitch.


I had no binding in my stash so just made up a scrappy binding using the leftover Tilda fabrics.


And Yes .... I had some help with the placement of my bunting pennants & also some unwanted help 
with the ironing/flattening of the fabrics !!  😉




On Tuesday I had a visitor for the day ...... Spiderman came to visit for the day & showed me how to jump off my deck from way up high !!!!



It helps if you are wearing Spiderman shorts, cap & undies & also in the way you hold your fingers apparently !!!!  😊

Thanks so very much for your visits today dear friends,
I have had such difficulty with the new blogger writing today's post - it changes the font size & placement at least every single paragraph & has a complete mind of it's own !!
I am off to hunt out that chocolate bar I keep hidden in my Sewing Room purely for Emergency Purposes !!!
With much love & friendship to you All,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0

16 comments:

  1. Your succulent collection is lovely - as are the 'new' pots and their planting. Pretty bunting ans Spiderman looks to be having fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be careful which plants l grow
    indoors..as l use very little heating in
    winter..!
    Therefore l grow mostly indoor ivy, like
    Grape ivy, the good old Spider plant, and
    Wandering Jew, though this plant is rather
    fragile, does well in the bathroom, it's
    were l put some of plants in the winter...!
    Love that red table and kettle..nice that! :).

    Spiderman seems very active..hope he was helpful!
    Did you find him on the 'web' HeHe! Bless!

    I assume your regular assistant is on holiday..?
    And..you've got an understudy to fill in for her..!
    Looks as though he's keeping things in order, and
    flat..!x

    Think l'll be staying home to~day, it's blowing a
    gale out there, no rain, just wind, though rain
    forecast later..God! How l hate the rain, it's so
    wet is'nt it..! :).
    So, l'll finish up, get dressed, and have breakfast!
    Can't start the day without my fry up..! :o).
    ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plants look so nice in different style planters Julie, wish I had your green thumb, love your bunting to, did you find your stashed chocolate. Have a great week, Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunting is adorable, Julie. So much pretty stitching and detail to make one smile. Your Spiderman is adorable. It seems he can undertake great feats! Who needs nurseries anyway; it seems that all your fossicked little plants are thriving beautifully. LOVE that fabulous kettle. It looks great on that table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. spiderman looks like a good companion! I like your October wooden/floral wall display. you get through so much in a week you put me to shame! I have painted a pumpkin and that didn't get finished lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why heat up an iron, when you can call in a kitty favor? Blackie looks like he's doing a great job flattening out the
    fabrics. I enjoy printed embroidery cloth, too. I started pillow cases last winter and may finish them this winter. I'm
    slow. You are getting into warm weather plants, in beautifully done pots, and I'm into picking up walnuts and thinking
    on raking leaves! The plants look as good as the Sid acrobatics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn. Yes we are getting warmer weather here now - we did not light the fire for two nights this past week tho today there is a cold southerly blowing & I have lit it again. Blackie does a great job of flattening the fabrics with his "ample proportions".

      Delete
  7. Spider man looks great fun... and very energetic! I love your finished bunting... I should finish off mine as you have inspired me. the succulents look great and your pots are just wonderful.... what a fresh coat of paint does! I find it easier to just write the post then highlight it all (doesnt affect the pictures) and change the font at that stage... so its all done at one time.... (just in case that helps you)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger seems to be sending out all kinds of challenges!! Nice 5o see Blackie helping on this occasion 😃😃, your bunting is lovely Julie as are the painted pots, gives them a whole new lease on life. Love the bee decal too. The red kettle and table are stunning . Superman Sid looks like he is having a wonderful time, did you get to join in or was that just for superheros ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your succulents look great and so healthy. Mine are a bit sad at present...you have inspired me to do some chopping and tidying. Love your happy red kettle. The bunting is really lovely and I think the scrappy binding sets it off beautifully. "Spidey" is very cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your painted projects, especially the red tea kettle! The bunting is so cute... lots of work in that. Awww... Spiderman! He's good company to have... so glad he came to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a natural with the succulents. I have dabbled in trying to grow them indoors. Though I grow lots of houseplants (around 50 total), the succulents have the lowest success rate for me. I either over-water or under-water--can't find the perfect balance.
    Your refurbished pots and teapot are incredible. I love them all, but the bee pot and teapot are neck and neck in the race for my favorite.
    The bunting is absolutely adorable--and Spiderman Sam cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pot idea! I am going to try that. What a daredevil you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everytime I think about upcycling my outdoor plant pots, it rains! I love all yours, Julie and the bunting is just glorious. I love Spiderman's antics. Reminds me of when I bought my eldest (now 38!) a Spiderman outfit when he was about 3 and he was standing on the coffee table in 'flight mode'. My Dad said to him 'what you doing, son?' and he replies 'waiting to fly Papa'. My Dad says to me 'for gawd's sake, keep him away from the top bannister when he's wearing that suit'!!Thanks for invoking that memory, Julie and have a great weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moments like those with our grandchildren are so precious particularly if you have a spiderman in your family! Go careful spiderman!! Like yourself I find I also like that bee pot very much...perhaps it is because I adore bees!! The bunting is beautiful...of course with all that special care that it is getting from your furry assistant I am not surprised it is looking so very nice. I rather think having a choc bar hidden away for an emergency is quite a good idea!! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi all, I have seen comments from people who have already received a loan from Anderson Loan Finance. I really thought it was a scam and applied for a loan based on their recommendations because I really needed a loan. A few days ago, I confirmed on my personal bank account the amount of $12,000.00 USD that I had requested for a personal loan with a rental percentage of 2%. This is really good news that I am satisfied with and I advise anyone who needs a real loan and is sure to repay the loan to contact them by e-mail.

    They can lend you a loan!
    Please contact Mr. Anderson Ray
    Email: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com
    Phone: +1 315-329-6320
    Office address @ (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240).

    Respectful,

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x