Saturday, April 3, 2021

Some Easter Decorating - Threadbear Style

Greetings lovely friends & readers

Some simple & inexpensive Easter decorating has been taking place here at Threadbear HQ over the past couple of weeks & I thought I would share a few ideas with you πŸ’• 

These rabbit picks were purchased at my local Variety Store - a pack of 6 for $2.50.  I painted them all in different pastel shades when I had my testpots out doing other painting bits & bobs. They only needed one coat each - I also trimmed their bases as they were a bit long for my requirements. (sorry I did not get a "before pic")


I found some oasis/floral foam in my stash (tho' if you do need to buy it the Variety Stores are the cheapest). I also found some dried moss left over from Christmas & a couple of vintage china teacups with matching saucers. You can remove all this afterwards so you are not forfeiting your good china cups.  Cut some oasis to fit in your cups, cover with the dried moss & then poke your rabbit picks in - I did not use any glue whatsoever & they stay in nice & securely.

Such a sweet little Easter display.  


I came across this tiny knitted jumper in a box.  My Mum used to knit these for me when I made a small Golly called Teenie Weenie Golly.  This was my one last Jumper so I thought I would make a rabbit to fit into it.     I used the free bunny pattern on the Tilda website. (scroll right down nearly to the bottom of the page)


I decided to make my rabbit some dungarees instead of the dress in the pattern.  I drafted off a simple pattern with no bib as I didn't want to cover up too much of the jumper.  I used some of my treasured Tilda fabrics for the body & the dungarees & gave her a prim carrot to tuck in her pocket.


I was thrilled with how my bunny turned out & when a customer saw it she immediately wanted to purchase it so bunny has now flown to the South Island to live & I shall have to attempt to knit another Jumper myself (& won't that be fun dear friends) πŸ˜‰


This simple silver stand was an Op Shop purchase for $5 last year sometime.    I painted it with some pale duck egg chalk paint while I was painting my rabbit picks.  Two coats & it was well covered.  I had been wanting to make some scatter eggs as featured on Craft With Fee's YouTube channel.    Here is the link to the tutorial should you wish to go look at it. I just love everything Fee creates. πŸ’—

The eggs were such a simple fun project to make & just used up some scraps of felt & fabrics. I made 5 but could easily have kept going I think. 


I stitched some pom pom trim & ric rac trim to a rabbit teatowel & then hung it from a piece of thin dowel - it makes a pretty Easter wallhanger but once again, can easily be dismantled & re-used.


On Thursday 1st April we celebrated Sid's 4th birthday - his only request was for a dinosaur cake which his Mummy made for him complete with a volcano & lava.  It's hard to believe this dear little Pipsqueak has turned 4. 
 
Some simple Easter decorating that I have done this year - I just enjoy the pastels at this time of year so much.



You may remember when I made the table runner last Easter in this post * Here * 


Dear Jenny wrote a post * Here * last week about how lucky we are nowadays with our appliances & what it used to be like in our Grandparents era.  I left Jenny a comment to say I well remember Mum using an old wringer washing machine & how it would jam - I have one now that is planted with Impatiens in a part of my garden & folk are always drawn to it when they visit.  Jenny asked to see a photo of it so I thought I would share it here.
Which reminds me - when I planted it last Spring I put two punnets of Impatiens in it - one red & one white ... as you can see, mixed up labels again 😊


These autumn days are beautiful with that real nip in the air now & some leaf fall starting.  I have bought the banana box out of the woodshed & filled it with clean blankets - Miss Pip saw me bringing it up the steps & was in like a lightening bolt.

Wishing you all a very blessed Easter dear friends - thank you so much for your visits here today πŸ’•
With much love & friendship To You All,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

26 comments:

  1. Loved your post with all the wonderful Easter goodies you made .
    Happy Easter to you HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! What a wonderful Easter post Julie...
    Love ALL the bunnies..Best of all though
    is the bunny in the knitter jumper....! :).
    He did'nt hang about long then..Your very
    brave to part with these lovely things....!

    And talking of lovely things..Miss Pippi
    looks nicely settle..Bless!x
    And tell Blackie that Willie is having
    bunny rabbit for dinner on Easter Sunday,
    l'll be thinking of him..! HeHe! Bless!x

    And Sid's 4th birthday cake is amazing,
    Wow! To think, when l was that age, l had
    a fairy cake and a candle...and the candle
    was always chewy..! :O).

    Best get on, l can see Fudge out on the
    patio table, waiting for his saucer of milk,
    and a tummy rub..HeHe! Bless him..! :).

    A very Happy Easter to one and all Julie...
    Not to much chocolate mind..Have a fun
    weekend..Take Care Now..! :O).
    πŸ₯š πŸ‡ 🐾🐾 πŸ₯š πŸ‡ 🐾🐾 πŸ₯š πŸ‡ 🐾🐾 πŸ₯š

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe Sid's 4 already! Happy Birthday Sid. Mind you, can't believe my eldest was 39 yesterday!Now I really feel old! Lovely Easter post, Julie and I especially love the teacups. Happy Easter weekend to you and yours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorating ideas Julie - I am making notes so that I can be prepared for next year! lol. Happy Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, rabbits are hard to stay in one place long, and I see that is true with the cute one with the knit top has
    hopped on to greener pastures. So fun seeing all your Easter decorations. They are just so cheerful. And since you
    mention colder temps coming, at least when I read about your Easter, the weather seems normal to me. Instead of how
    you are in summer at Christmas! Precious thinks the nanner box would be a great addition here, too. Have a wonderful
    Easter weekend. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn - Yes I agree - it does seem strange having Christmas in summer - we are a bit odd at the bottom of the world here!!! Pippi is in her Nanner box again today - its cooled off here. Happy Easter to you & Precious Lynn xx

      Delete
  6. Hope you have a fabulous Easter. lots of love, Jean. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter Blessings. The washing machine brought back fond memories. Grandma would heat water in the black pot and we would all have washday with the old wringer machine. My sister got her arm caught in the wringer one time. I always enjoy your posts so much especially when you write about what the kitties are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment Beverly. I actually remember Mum getting her arm caught in the wringer one time - there was a right old kerfuffle but she was okay. Today Pippi is back in her banana box & Blackie is on the couch on the good quilt where is not meant to be !!!!πŸ˜’ Happy Easter to you Beverly.

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much dear Julie. I woke to check my emails before breakfast. So lovely to view all your lovely things. You are always so very busy. I watched this with wafts of your gorgeous potpourri wafting around my room. I get joy from it every day ♥️ The very sweetest thing I enjoyed on you blog was that little red jersey. How you must treasure it. Your Mother will be so thrilled to see it. Love to you and Miss Pippy πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  9. your Easter decorating is so prettyh and you come up with such lovely ideas.... have a lovely weekend.... good luck with the tiny jumper knitting!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks so lovely all decked out for Easter Julie, oh yes I remember my mum's washing tub to, and the line she use to hang it out on with the stick to make it go up higherπŸ˜‚ wow can't believe Sid is 4 already. Have a lovely Easter Julie. Daylight savings has just finished here in Australia, so an extra hour of chocolate eating today. Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks wonderful, so pretty with all you've made. Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time of leave your kind comment Sherry. Julie 😊

      Delete
  12. It's so lovely to see all your efforts for the Easter season Julie, there is so much to see and all so beautiful. I have one of your dear little Gollies with a small jumper, she's always out on display. Gosh the grandchildren grow up so quickly , Sid 4. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter Julie. The nights are getting cooler and miss pops has been spending more time on our bed and wanting snuggles, a sure sign of changing seasons.

    I admire your crafting brilliance. As my hormones have drifted away so has my patience for any crafts.

    Julie and poppyq
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet little Easter teacups with bunnies in the grass. :)
    Your bunny in the jumper and dungarees is so cute.
    And all your other Easter displays have made me glad I didn't get my Easter things out this year Mine really show their age and I need to rethink what is worth keeping.
    Miss Pip knows a good spot for a nap when she sees it.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter!
    The Impatiens in the wringer washer looks beautiful--even if there was no white.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post Julie, love your Easter tea cups and your decorating is wonderful. Wow Sid 4 already! His Mum made a wonderful cake. Mis Pippi is quick off the mark, I guess she has to beat Blackie to the comfy box.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a joy to read this post. The decorating you accomplish is just beautiful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those wooden rabbits are very cute in their tea cups. Glad to see you made some of Fee's egg scatters. All your decorating is just gorgeous, Julie. The rabbit is just lovely. Might have to make one of those for next Easter. Happy birthday to Sid. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is gorgeous as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this post Julie! I am convinced Sid thoroughly enjoyed his cake...it looks scrumptious! I do believe grand-children grow faster than our sons and daughters. I look at my grand-daughter a young woman of 20 now and I think it was only a few days ago that she was sitting at her little breakfast table dipping toast into her yogurt and flicking it at me LOL! So many gorgeous Easter creations on this post! I love the idea you made a Tilda rabbit for the tiny jumper and not the jumper for the Rabbit. It does not surprise me than you sold it straight away. Ha! I remember a wringer similar to the one you've got, my Mother used it in the backyard! I must have been quite young because I have this image of the wringer being quite that bit taller than me. You have put yours to excellent use. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks so beautiful, lovely Julie. Those little bunnies hopping around the pretty teacups are sweet and as for the sweet knitted jumper and dungarees the gorgeous rabbit is wearing...perfect! Sid looks as if he is getting stuck into his dinosaur cake....how fun! I remember those vintage washers. Why, I think they all should have pretty flowers overspilling from them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Julie, as usual, I'm late stopping by but just had to leave a comment and tell you how much I love everything in this post. The most precious Easter decor I've ever seen! Your rabbit in the little sweater is adorable...the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julie, I recently started following you over on Instagram and today I’m following you here too!
    My blog has been a little neglected this year but I’m aiming to return to blogging soon.
    I love the little jumper and look forward to seeing the jumper and bunny you are going to make for yourself! 😊♥️♥️♥️
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Miss Pip is so very cute! I love those eggs and I subscribed to her channel. Thank you!
    Oh, you make the loveliest things, Julie! I can't believe that Sid is four!
    I recently knit a bear jumper and I was so proud of myself. You can do it!
    You're so right about Tilda fabrics. I have a jellyroll that I am saving for I don't know what! LOL!
    Take care, precious YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x