Friday, April 26, 2019

Belated Easter Greetings



Greetings dear friends & readers,
Though I am a little late with my wishes, I hope you all had a most wonderful Easter 


The lead up to Easter this year saw me create 9 Tilda rabbits altogether - in varying sizes using
 the free pattern from here
I decided Rabbit No 10 should definately be for myself !


This wee girl is the original pattern size - 27 cms from her toes to the tip of her ears.
I had wanted to put together an Easter vignette on my coffee table so I made her small enough to sit under 
a glass cloche


The pale blue wool blanket bunny top left is also a free pattern download from Twig and Tale designs

The polystyrene eggs are from the $2 shop - I covered some in Tilda fabrics, some in vintage sheet music or tissue paper, & modpodge.


Here is my completed vignette above along with my fairy lights, which stay out all year round.


I especially love her little fluffy tail
This pink wool blanket bunny is a pattern I used to make & sell in my cottage & put a small baby rattle inside ... instead of a ribbon around her neck I embroidered a flower chain, the same as the blue bunny.
I think I will leave my Easter display up for another couple of weeks so I can enjoy it some more πŸ’—


 
My grandson's parents don't like them consuming too much chocolate so these simple Kinder Surprise eggs were what I bought them this year.
Although the egg cups look brand new, they are actually Op Shop purchases - I had been keeping an eye out in 
my Op Shop travels for some time now.


I made each one a mouse egg cosy & sat on top of the choccy egg.
The grandsons often enjoy a hard boiled egg so I thought they might fancy an egg cosy !

Once again, the fold out Easter boxes were from the $2 shop 
With a packet of mini m-&-m's they just finished off my little Easter treats nicely 



I wondered why Blackie had been smelling of stale grass lately - I figured out why when I saw him sound asleep last week in the back of the lawn mower, which The Mr had not finished emptying !!


You can just see the mouse in the right hand photo, bottom corner

Speaking of naughty Blackie ... he is fixated lately with bringing mice inside the house ... here he is giving me the evil stare when I shut the door on him & his wee friend just yesterday !!


My neighbours were away over Easter so I shifted stock, fed their pets etc
I found much delight in watching the 5 baby ducklings each morning & night ... so CuTe πŸ˜ŠπŸ’›


My very clever & talented friend Sally, is running a winter wreath workshop next month.
Below is a photo of the gorgeous wreath everyone gets to create at the workshop

The workshop is being held in this most stunning venue here 
If you click on this link ......   winter wreath workshop you will find the details of the workshop, which includes all materials as well as lunch provided.
I would encourage anyone in the greater Waikato area to attend as Sally is a trained Florist & you will learn lots of tips & techniques along with creating the stunning wreath to take home with you.

Thanks so much for your visits today dear friends,
I hope you get to enjoy some creative time in the weekend ahead 😊
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0





18 comments:

  1. Easter this year was a tad bit warm, so a lot of the chocolates melted on Easter Sunday, I only buy them for the young nephews now, but they do get too many. Love your vignette Julie, so cute, I keep my 2 terracotta bunnies out all year long, one is the fake grass looking rabbit, and the other is covered in paper written in Vietnamese. Great idea for your grandsons, I remember having a cupboard full of egg cups growing up.
    So Blackie is earning his keep :-) Oh I wish I was in the greater Waikato area, that looks like fun. Have a great week Julie, its wet, windy and rainy here today, but we need some rain. Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Easter vignette. Good for you, making a rabbit for yourself! I love fairy lights all year, too.
    Very cute Easter finds and creations for the grandsons.
    That is too funny about Blackie and the lawnmower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeHe! Goodness me Julie..l think you make
    those lovely Tilda rabbits at the same rate,
    as real rabbits take to breed..Their lovely!

    Easter came and went, l did actually treated
    myself to a couple chocolate bunnies, wrapped
    in pink (what else) foil..still have one left,
    keep that foe Sunday l think! :).

    And dear 'little' or is it 'large' Blackie, he's
    an angel..well..sort of..guarding the lawn mower,
    Bless!x Ah! And shutting the door on him...Shame
    on you Julie! :o).

    Just nice and bright and early over here..suns out,
    though rain and showers forecast later..still, grass
    is all cut, and the garden's looking tidy..so, must'nt
    grumble..! It's the rain l hate..well, it's always wet
    is'nt it..! :(.

    Easter over..what's next..Ah! Yes! Christmas! Happy
    Christmas everyone..HeHe! Time for a second lemon
    tea..me thinks...! :o).
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter display Julie, your rabbit is gorgeous. Love the mice egg warmers they are so cute!! Blackie is earning his keep bringing in mice, although maybe not into the house!! The workshop looks amazing Julie, wish I was closer and could go along. Trust Blackie to find a good place to rest!! Those ducklings are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Easter display and the bunnies are gorgeous! Great Easter treats for your wee boys. Love fluffy ducklings. Wow your wreath making venue is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter vignettes, Julie, are gorgeous. Those Tilda rabbits are adorable. Gosh they are small, aren't they. Oh how fun to be your grandsons!! Love the little gifts you gave them for Easter. The little mouse egg cosy is so very sweet. Cats and their presents for their adoring family......ain't closed doors grand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of your creations and wish I had time to make the same. But I might not have the patience. There is nothing cuter than a baby duck, well mayby a baby chick, or maybe a baby bunny or a baby.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Easter vignette, Julie. You did well with all the Tilda bunnies!! And I love the boxes you put together for your wee boys - it looks so inviting but as you say, not overloaded with chocolate. On the plus side, a good hunter is always handy at this time of the year but NOT INSIDE please Blackie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty display. Don’t take it down too soon. It is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Easter vignette. I only took down my display yesterday. Love the gifties for the boys, the mice cosies are just so cute. Ahh cats are so funny. I went into my room the other day & my shoes are spread out everywhere with Lil P in the middle looking at just one shoe in particular. Hmmm what's in there? Luckily it was only a lizard & not a mouse. My son's cat brought him in a snake a few weeks back & we were not happy about that for 2 reasons 1} snake, 2} where in the heck did he find it & was there anymore? haven't seen any so hoping that it was the only one. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better late than never, especially with such a pretty Easter post. I don't know how you such beautiful and dainty bunnies and things. It all is so pretty. Our Smokey brings his mice up on the porch and leaves them on the mat at the door. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Timothy doesn't get to go outside to hunt mice. I think I'm glad! LOL! You made so many bunnies! They are all so cute!
    I think children get a lot more chocolate now so their parents have to crack down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the shout out Julie :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mouse cosies, they are delightful. I think your grandchildren had lovely pressies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Easter vignette is exquisite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Easter display is lovely, Julie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Julie. Thank goodness Easter is over and all that tempting chocolate has disappeared! I love the all your bunnies. There are a few floral workshops that I'd like to go to over here but they are prohibitively expensive. I'll just 'Google' how to make my own! I bought my girlies an outfit each and said 'that's instead of Easter Eggs' then as Easter Day approached, I felt guilty about not buying them choccy eggs so promptly went out and bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie lovely Easter display ,hope you had a lovely Easter with your family. Oh I love your rabbit so cute ,beautiful work my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x