Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Cream Christmas Angel ...... (Catch Up #2)

Mid-Week Greetings dear friends & readers!

I picked a bunch of my white daphne yesterday before our wild weather battered the last flowers from the bush

It smells divine 💗

When I made the White Peace Angel in *this post* I mentioned that I had made up two Angel bodies
 & would like to make a cream version 
This was also prompted by the discovery of these two items above ...  a Christmas decoration droplet & 
a vintage pearl earing ... I felt these would be perfect adorning my cream Angel.

This time round I did remember to paint the shoes before clothing the Angel!
Her shoes dried quite quickly by the fire.


I found two cream lace table mats in my linen stash which were the perfect size for her bloomers



The vintage earing became a brooch for my angel, I stitched the christmas droplet in her hands & trimmed her shoes with some braid & dainty gold roses.  I also made her a Halo but added gold sequin stars this time round, not silver.

For her wings I cut up the same bunch of glittery silk flowers & leaves as my white Peace Angel 
& fashioned her a large pair of wings

The Pattern I used is Charlotte Angel by Rosalie Quinlan Designs
Beautiful Cream Angel! 💖

I love her just as much as my White Peace Angel ... I am wondering ... do you have a favourite??



The lady that manages our local St John's Op Shop, recently asked if I would teach a few of the volunteers some painting/upcycling techniques
I told her Yes but assured her I was certainly No Professional when it came to these matters!
I have been going in most days for the past week & working on a vintage wardrobe which I will show you 
in a future post.
On Monday I bought this tatty looking shelf home with me - I decided to upcycle this at home by the fire.

Before painting I masked the 3 tile squares.
Jan had given me some grey chalk paint & I gave it a couple of coats in between doing a zillion other things

The Chalk Paint is Da Vinci's  & the shade is "Quarter Absolute"
A bit of a light sand at the end & Viola . . . . Such an improvement!
I was too lazy busy to remove the hooks but I felt they looked great with a paint & then just a quick scuff at the finish.


I had been feeding chooks & pets for neighbours that were overseas ... I liked to take Sid down there with me as he seemed to enjoy the chooks, ducks, horses & cows.
A bonus was that the chooks were laying this time round - so we got to gather fresh eggs every day!


Sid very much enjoyed his home made scrambled eggs (incidently eaten using fingers & NOT the spoon!) 
Just look at those gorgeous bright yellow yolks! 😊


Two weekends ago my daughter in law Sarah & I went to this beautiful cafe for a High Tea.
My son had gifted us both a voucher for this treat back in May for Mother's Day.
This was a first experience of High Tea for both of us & we very much enjoyed the whole process. 
You get to choose your teas from a selection of 10 different ones


First you are given sandwiches & tiny savouries & then you get a different tea to enjoy with your sweets.
Sarah & I chose Tokyo Lime Green Tea for our savoury course & then Berrylicious Tea for our sweet course.

When you leave you get to choose a handmade chocolate & a bookmark ... just delightful & such a treat! 💕

In fact I enjoyed the teas that Sarah & I choose So Much that I went online this week & purchased 
the very same teas from *this Store*
I have shared them amongst us both,  & made up a little gift package to present to Sarah as a surprise.
Thanks So Very Much for staying with me here folks,
I hope the week is treating you kindly?
I shall be back in a few days with Catch Up #3 .... if you are still with me 😉
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x


20 comments:

  1. Well Julie..once again, it goes without saying..
    Your Angels look amazing...the white peace angel
    is 'one' of the very best..(does it come in any
    other colour)...HeHe! I jest of course, it's
    lovely! :).
    One thing l do love about them are the faces....!
    Quite Unique...! :).

    And little Sid enjoying scrambled eggs with his toys,
    and eating food with yer fingers is the best thing
    ever..though a bit difficult when it comes to soup! :).

    And, yes, l enjoy a high tea..high tea is great fun,
    l always sit on a stool..even better..your higher up..
    higher..stool..higher..HeHe! Never mind..it's still
    early over her, only had a few sips of lemon tea! :).

    Thursday is just starting over here..bit overcast, but
    dry..off to the bathroom..breakfast..then off to town..
    tomorrow is market day, so. busy..busy..! :o).

    How About a Poem.....
    Wings Of The Angels - Tim Chambers...

    A gentle wind blew cross the land
    Reaching out to take a hand
    For on the winds the angels came
    Calling out a mother's name.

    Left behind, the children's tears
    Loving memories of the years
    Of joy and love, a life well spent
    And now to God a mother's sent.

    On angel's wings, a heavenly flight
    The journey home, towards the light
    To those who weep, a life is gone
    But in God's love, 'tis but the dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely angel, thank you for the close ups it almost feels like being there, except without one of your nice coffee's and friendship of course. I love her lacy bloomers, great use of the abandoned earring. Good old free range eggs are best! Good on you Sid. That high tea place looks fabulous.....so yummy and pretty. Julie your daughter in laws are lucky to have such a sweet caring mother in law in you! Hugs from the chilly winterless north :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have said it before, dear Linda, but your stall is going to be amazing. Wish oh wish I could be there to have a peek. Though in saying that the ship would sink on the way home. =) Both angels are gorgeous, but if I had to choose a favourite, your new angelic creature wins by just a smidgen. How lovely is your tarted up lovely. Love this shelf and me thinks the hooks most definitely need to be painted and scuffed around a bit. Isn't a High Tea the best?? I have enjoyed a few in my life and I have always enjoyed the best time. Love photos of you and your daughter-in-law. How fabulous you are teaching others your clever skills. Oh.....I was under the impression that scrambled eggs were always eaten with the hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie wow I love your angels,I love them both and couldnt pick a favourite,wow love the shelf what a difference with a different colour of paint. Little Sid is adorable,hope your week is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly can’t chooose. They are both so beautiful. We bought a white Daphne’s just yesterday. It will stay in the porch till the nights warm up. I had one for years but then it died. Perhaps they have a certain life span. SId is so adrorable and such a lucky boy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, I can imagine how much fun it was taking Sid to the farm and lucky you to get eggs. Your cream angel turned out beautiful as always! I wish you were teaching a class at a thrift store near us! Hi Tea does sound like fun and with your daughter makes it so special. I have been entertained by the hummingbirds. One has been coming faithfully but chases the other one away that wants to come. I have named him Rascal and he sits atop a tomato cage I have left out for him. The other one was giving him a work out today. I hope he persists as I would like more than one coming. Have a nice day. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to pop over and share some High Tea with you! Beautiful Cream Angel is my new favourite. In fact, I wouldn't mind a pair of those bloomers myself! Fab work on all projects as always, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both angels are beautiful and I cannot choose!
    Oh, my look at your wee boy...Julie, these grandies of ours are growing up too quickly. :-) He is adorable!
    Once again, I envy your 'vision' in taking what is old and rather ugly and transforming it into something truly lovely.
    Ah, High Tea. Haven't had one for many years - in fact it was before dear Blossom became a mummy the first time. One day we shall sup like that again. Probably with little girls around us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your angel Julie, they are both so cute, but I think the cream version is my fav, lucky Sid to eat scrambled eggs with his hands, is there any other way? Cannot wait to see your wardrobe your working on, love the upcycled shelf. Yummy scone with jam and cream, I have given up coffee and might try some different tea flavours. Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are gorgeous but the cream has won my heart. You made such a beautiful Angel Julie. Love that sweet shelf too. Fresh eggs are wonderful.....we have chookies in the family and are regularly treated to fresh eggs. What a lovely experience and gift you got to share with Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the cream angel is my favourite - I love the Christmas decoration she is holding. Both of them are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Penny .... it seems the cream Angel is the favourite by a small margin. Yes I wish I could get more of those pearl droplet decorations as they are so beautiful. Xxx

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness those angels are just divine! I would love an angel on the top of our Christmas tree, as a child I always thought our angel was so very beautiful. Currently we have a star. Your upcycling of beautiful doilies and lace have inspired me to try and make one myself, but perhaps designed to sit upon the top of the tree. I shall have to finish a couple of little projects I have on the go and then she will be next - Christmas is ages away right?!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Emma for your lovely comment! If you are making a tree topper angel then I would not give her legs & try to make the skirt of her dress quite full, so she sits nicely on the top of your Tree .... best of luck Emma.

      Delete
  13. The angels are both beautiful Julie, I think the cream one is for me if I had to choose. You are very clever re purposing treasures you find, the little shelf is beautiful. Good on Sid, hands came first!! The eggs look amazing..do I see a blue one in the nest?? Your high tea looks wonderful, so much to choose! I am with Leeanne, I hope your daughters in law know how lucky they are to have you in their lives. Very thoughtful gift for Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both angels are beautiful. Love the little shelf, it looks fabulous. Hope my chooks start laying again soon. They only lay one every 2nd day & i have 3 chooks. Love the yellow yolks of home grown eggs. HUgs,xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x