Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Some rain, sunshine, some "doileying" & a win

Hello there friends & readers,

This past week bought some rain (lots) & then in the middle a few days of real sunshine to remind us that days can still be beautiful & that spring is just around the corner . . .  & then the rain came back again.

In the midst of the sunny days I sat out on the deck with Mr Wolf & we made "apples" . . .

 I should rephrase that a fraction  . . .  one of us made apples, one of us supervised & made sure no mistakes were made.

If you put your nose up real close to the screen & take a big sniff - you should be able to smell the lovely apple/clove fragrance that I have scented the cinnamon stick with ! ! !

There is definately a change going on in the garden as it wakes up after a long wet winter . . . 

Not sure the name of this bush but it has a lovely yellow flower on it
the view from my dining window - soon to be in full bloom

After being inspired by Claires wonderful house (in my last post)  I did a bit of "doileying" myself . . .  

 My Dads old aluminium kettle got "doileyfied"  :-)

During the wetest part of the week I dragged all my doilies out onto the floor & attempted to make a sort of "crazy patch doiley runner" (an idea that I had inside the "fog" that whirs around inside my head) -
- now this is to show you the nice tidy orderly fashion that I like to work in when I am crafting . . . 

Note that I have moved OUT of the sewing room & into another room . . .

this is called "creative play" & this is my dining room floor - its lucky theres not many people live in this house ! ! ! (its also lucky the fattest & fluffiest one was Outside this day)
This is what I ended up with 2 days (& much changing of mind) later . . . 

this also is called "creative play" - also known as "dragging out all your nice china & imagining you live in a lovely old vintage house & all your meals get served like this . . .  "


Anyway - enough playing for one week . . . I had something really exciting happen to me - I entered a giveaway on a blog that I often follow http://nzgreenbuttons.blogspot.co.nz/
Louana writes some delightful posts & she was celebrating her 3rd blog anniversary - I entered her giveaway & was lucky enough to be selected from the random number generator - here is what arrived in the post last week . . .


A bundle of the most wonderful vintage fabric fat 1/4's - but she had also very generously included the following little extras . . . 


some of her beautiful postcards & a notebook - it made me smile all day long & I still have my package sitting out where I can admire it - thank you so much Louana for your generosity & I hope you keep up your wonderful blog :-)   (I must just mention here that I Never Ever win Anything - so it was such a treat to be selected)

Remember a couple of posts back where I showed you the penny rug I had made for Elaine to sit on an old wooden tool box ??  Well I happened to get a couple of pics of it in its new home & thought it looked delightful & just perfect for the spot  . . . 


LOVE the colours in the potpourri Elaine has sitting on top ! !
My Mothers Day Tulips in pot bursting into flower - love that red :-)
 Well folks thanks for stopping by today & may the rest of the week bring you only good things - I am off to pull some weeds (they are beckoning me - yes weeds DO beckon I am sure) - Mr Wolf (fat fluffy)  has sneaked himself inside while I have been writing this - he is working on the theory that "if I cant see them, they sure as heck cant see me" ! ! ! ? ? ? 



Take care out there everyone - 
Love Julie & Mr Wolf   (in hiding)  X o  X o   x  x

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Julie..oh I do love your apples. They smell so yummy! I do declare that the paper serviettes that we bought at Mitre 10 (of all places ) yesterday (for picnics) match all your apples quite perfectly! Very pretty doily runner. I've been collecting creamy doilies & small cloths for ages thinking that I might make some curtains kind of along the same lines but mmm might take me a month of Sundays & them some. Luckily I haven't started yet. How's the tea pot coping with it's doilyification? Very cute. Your yellow flowering bush is a forsythia (no scent but pretty). Aren't magnolias just so lovely..we had one like yours when we lived in Hawera. That is definitely a "you can't see me pose"! Thanks so much for your encouragement at my place. Much love to you my friend.. Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Julie! love the apples.....

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x