Wednesday, February 27, 2019

A few bits & bobs ..................................

Greetings dear friends & readers
Wishing you all a Very Happy Wednesday !!


It has been a bits & bobs kinda week with time spent in the kitchen, the sewing room & the garden.

I called to see my friend Elaine to drop her some bottles of Worm Tea - we had not seen each other for
 quite some time

As I was leaving Elaine presented me with these two decanters telling me she no longer wanted them - lucky me! 
They are what I would call a small/medium size decanter, the tallest one being only 19 cms high.
I knew I didn't need any more for my Laundry Liquid so I decided to make up some bath salts to fill the 
more square shaped decanter


I used this recipe *here* - nice & simple & everything was already in my cupboards 
(not the Wendyl's brand but just basic baking soda)
For the fragrance I used a mix of lavender & rose geranium essential oils, & added a handful of dried lavender


The recipe made up enough to fill the square decanter Plus I managed to fill a glass jar for my present box.
I filled the tall narrow decanter with some liquid body wash that I had already in my bathroom cupboard, then 
tied them with some sparkly twine & bling 
They look great sitting on the end of my bath tub.

While I was in the kitchen I made up a double batch of Miracle Spray
I used the recipe from *here*
My friend Marie had asked me for the recipe so I printed it off & also filled a small bottle for her to try 



I finally finally finished a stitchery I began about two years ago. I kept picking it up on & off but it still seemed 
to take forever to complete.
This is an old Sampler Pattern by Wendy Brigg of Country Friends designs 

The stitchery above was the first one I completed & had framed -  I really wanted the same frame, & was concerned they may discontinue this style as I was taking so long!



They are now hanging on my lounge wall & even though there are several Samplers in this series, I have decided there will only be two done by Julie πŸ˜‰


My South Island friend Therle very kindly sent me this sweet Golly Cross Stitch two winters ago & I finally got around to getting it framed as well - just gorgeous!


Last week while The Mr rode twilight Moto X, I was tidying & faffing in my lounge.

I decided I would like to add one or two more pomanders to my collection (I have 7).  
A quick look on our buy/sell site Trademe & low & behold - someone was selling a collection of 8 china pomanders for just $15.00 !!
Now I could not possibly leave them there could I ??!!
They arrived just yesterday & I had a lovely time gently washing them all & replacing most of the ribbons - underneath the dust & grime, they came up beautifully πŸ’—



Some time was spent in the Sewing Room finishing off these sweet little fabric Sewing Machines, a pattern from the Tilda Book "Homemade & Happy"



The one above was intended for a gift but I am rather liking it sitting on my sewing room bookcase & feel it
 just might have to stay there!!


My daughter in law sent me this delightful photo of my beautiful wee grandsons - cousins, not brothers. 
Both families had a weekend away & the wee boys had a wonderful time together.

Finally folks, my friend sent me this little verse on Instagram & I loved it ... so very true indeed!

Wishing you all a wonderful rest-of-the-week dear friends,
Take care of yourselves & each other,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0

21 comments:

  1. Thank you for the links to all the potions (and such like). I love how you present them all in your beautiful jars :-) LOVE the sewing machines - they're a lot bigger than I thought! Having a nice catch up read today - you've been busy as always. Gorgous photo of your boys - fabulous that they got to spend so much time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitcheries look wonderful hanging together in their matching frames.
    What an amazing deal on the pomanders! They are beautiful.
    Such a sweet, sweet photo of your grandsons. Melts my heart.
    I like that verse. I will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post from you Julie, am off in aminute to look up the bath salts, love bath salts 😍😍
    Beautiful photo of the boys together, so nice they can spend time together. Your framed stitcheries are beautiful Julie, good feeling to get them finished. That was a score on the pomanders!! Your sewing machines are super cute too. Great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant! :).
    Julie..could you send me some of that
    Miracle Spray! HeHe! Might find a use
    for it..Bless! :).

    Decanters! I've still got a lot of my
    Mums, she used to collect them, most of
    them are crystal, and l do use them from
    time to time, have'nt got them on display,
    in the cupboard under the glass cabinet...!
    Some of them are quite heavy to..!

    Love the sewing machine..quite unique that,
    different anyway, sort of thing l would have
    on show..great talking point!
    And the Jolly Gollies..or Golly Wogs as l still
    call them..! :). I suppose their dancing the CanCan..! :).

    Oh! Best get on..No furry ones to~day..Sob! Sob! HeHe! :)
    Nice sunny day to~day, third one on the trot..different
    than last year, covered in snow, funny old weather, never
    the same..Now! Where's that lemon tea..! :o).
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´ ´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie lovely post my friend d,love the pic of the boys,hope uourweek is a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with your sewing machine!!The photo of the boys is so sweet too. Great post again, Julie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, you are amazing! You make such beautiful things, and that little sewing machine, you've just got to keep it. The pomanders are so pretty. Going back to take another look at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post, I so needed lovely today, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Kim! Thanks for your comment ... I hope your day improves.

      Delete
  9. Lovely post, Julie. I think I'll have to try your bath salts. I have the perfect etched bottle that originally came with salts and it has just sat there empty for years! Your stitcheries look wonderful. The frames are perfect. I love your pomander collection. I have the egg shaped one at the centre back. I vaguely remember it being from Avon and it still smells after over about 35 years! It has wax like pellets in it. Those two little boys are such cuties. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your posts Julie. Always inspiring. I love seeing the things you make & the ideas you come up for upcycling. I mustgive the miracle spray a try. Love the pomander collection. The sewing machines are adorable as are you 2 grandsons. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my friend those boys are stealing the show here on your blog! Your sewing machines are wonderful and I can see why you need to keep them BOTH! Oh I bet it smells yummy at your place.................xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your decanter came up a treat and look very luxurious too! Love your stitcheries and what a great haul with your pomanders. LOVE the sewing machines! Gorgeous! How cute are your Grandies xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those decanters are so pretty. Thanks for the links and recipies. The sewn sewing machine are fun. Tilda patterns are quite lovely. I haven't tried any yet but I do drool over them. We made kinda Tilda rabbits last year but the pattern we used wasn't clear made me a bit frazzled! Not that it takes much these days!!! I love the pomanders.......I might love on trade me too, I am sure some of them would make a nice Christmas present for Miss H. ( two more weeks of placement and then she can look for jobs - yay, hope she is planning to then keep me in the manner to which I have become accustomed!! ha..ha... Love your stitching and the frames are perfect. The cousins look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally awesome post
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much eye candy and once again your unique and gifted style shines through. What a beautiful display of the Tilda sewing machines! And the filled decanters...oh Julie. Swooning.
    But the boys...sorry, they stole the show! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie, we are having some hot weather and nasty bush fires in the area, lucky for us they are not coming our way, but the sky looks ominous. Sweet decanters, might give that recipe a go, love your stitcheries Julie, as well as your friends cross stitch, how cute is that.
    The little stuffed sewing machines are gorgeous, I have a stitchery for one of those, but still haven't got around to doing it. Have a great week, hope you don't get any of this hot weather over your way. Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julie, I like everythings! Your filled decanters are so pretty. Lucky you to be given them. I don't think I have heard of adding himalayan salt to the bath salts. I wonder if you could make them without it? Slow in commenting this time. Have a nice Sunday. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty post Julie. Thank you for the bath salts recipe, I am thinking I might make some for gifts. I have a collection of pretty jars so they will now have a use.

    I use miracle spray for my cleaning jobs. I clean a couple of private houses, and it really is a miracle cleaner, and quite economical to make!

    Those little fabric sewing machines are gorgeous and so are those pomanders, they definitely were a bargain!

    Your stitcheries look lovely in those frames, I really must get back to doing more hand stitching.

    xTania



    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fabric sewing machines, so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many gorgeous pretties to make my heart beat just that little bit quicker. Those pomanders are so pretty and as for the sewing machine, it is gorgeous. Yes, I think you should definitely keep this pretty. Your stitcheries are beautiful finishes and the frames bedeck them beautifully. Love the quote and as for your grandsons, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x