Sunday, March 31, 2019

Fun & Games



Greetings dear friends & readers
It has been a week filled to the brim with lots of fun & different activities



One of the ladies in our craft group owns a lake house in the small rural community of Mangakino.
Maureen suggested we all go away for a girls weekend, spend time together, be inspired & create.
So last Friday afternoon we packed up Gails 8 seater wagon & headed to the shores of Lake Maraetai.


The Lake House                                                 View to the water thru the trees                                                                   


Though there was not one single stitch done by any of us, this is what our girls weekend consisted of ..........


If you click on the pics to enlarge, you can just see glimpses of the water thru the trees

Drinks & nibbles on the large deck each night beside the roaring outdoor fire
(one night we sat out here til midnight!)




Lunch in a lakeside cafe in Taupo followed by swimming in the hot pools


Walks each morning around the beautiful lake & pumice gathering
Lots & Lots of chatting & laughter, playing board games, games of cards, more laughter 
& eating of delicious shared food


The moody images of the Lake which I just adored

It was wonderful to go somewhere completely different & spend time with like minded friends.

Since returning home I have spent lots of time in the sewing room as my youngest grandson Sid turns two on April 1st ... I wanted to make Sid another Vest, the same as the one I made him last Winter



This pattern is called The Pathfinder Vest & is a design by Twig & Tale



The only thing I needed to purchase was the lining fabric ... in keeping with the rabbit theme I decided to applique a small rabbit on the outside of the vest (& give him a fluffy tail of course!!)




Everything else I used was already in my stash including the soft grey wool Army blanket


I bought Sid some other items of clothing to match & then I appliqued another small rabbit on one pair of track pants, using a scrap of wool felt.
I also added to his collection of Dinky toys & bought him a book about trucks.



We had a lovely party/morning tea/luncheon at Sid's home just today to celebrate his turning the big Two !! πŸ’™
My how those two years have simply flown by !


Eldest grandson Alec, is to be a Pageboy at his Aunt's wedding in two weeks time so his Mum Sarah requested a horse shoe for Alec to give to the Bride


I cover aluminium horseshoes that are given to me by a dear 92 year old gentleman who still "works" at 
the local racing stables



It was fun to create another horseshoe after not having done one for over 3 years now.


My lovely friend Shirley recently gave me her beeswax pellets  - Shirley had intended making wax wraps when she purchased the pellets, but had a change of heart & was not feeling inspired


For my first attempt I made some up for Shirley ... I used too many pellets initially, but soon learned to cut back the amount to make them more pliable


And then yesterday afternoon I made another batch up, some round ones included.  These are to be gifts for my daughter in laws.
One thing I learnt rather promptly .... when making these up it pays to shut all the doors & windows as those bees will come for miles & they will surely bring all their relations along too!! 😧


I also completed another two of the Tilda rabbits that I featured in my last post as part of an Order.
They have both gone to their new homes & I forgot to photograph them.
It occurred to me while I was busy creating this week ... I really enjoy experiencing a wide variety of craft ... it brings me so much pleasure to work in several different mediums
Finally dear friends, Her Royal Highness  Miss Pippi still has not gone back to her basket but instead has taken up residence (again) in Sid's cot.  This face greeted me last Tuesday when I went to put Sid down for a nap!!!
What do you think she might be saying ?? πŸ˜‰


Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead dear friends,
I am off on my annual jaunt down to Mum's ... this time we are celebrating her 90th Birthday !!
Thanks to you all So Much for your visits here today,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0x

15 comments:

  1. Hi Julie what a fabulous post. What a wonderful idea to go off and spend a few days with friends,looks like a lovely spot and i had a giggle that none of you had done a stitch,lol.
    Happy birthday to your handsome young man Sid and wow i do love the vest that you made for him,well done my friend on all your beautiful makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps we cannot repeat what Pippi might be saying. =) Cats always seem to have a right of ownership, don't they. What a beautiful spot to relax with your friends and chill out. How fabulous you all had such a wonderful time. I absolutely love Sid's vest you fashioned him, Julie. It is adorable and his sweat pants are sweet with the little appliques. The horseshoe is so pretty. I love how you packaged it. And...how fabulous are those wraps. As always when I visit your lovely place there is so much to smile about. Happy Birthday to your little Sid. Wow...2 years old....I too wonder where all that time has disappeared to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Wow! Julie! A weekend away..What fun!
    With ALL your girly friends..and not a
    a stitch sewn..l will get back later and have
    a good look and enlarge the photos..the clocks
    went on an hour at 1 o'clock this morning, bit
    all over the place at the mo! :).

    And Sid is two tomorrow, goodness! Where has the
    time gone..hope he has a great day, l'm sure he
    will..Bless him! :0).

    And..as for Miss Pippi..I think she might be saying..
    "Switch the light off, on the way out Mum".
    OR...
    "Tell Sid, he can have my basket to sleep in".
    Pussy~cats will 'always' get their own way...! :O).
    😺 🐾🐾 😺 🐾🐾 😺 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect getaway! I love the bunny fabric on the bunny mofit. lol How groovy and yes, your little helper Miss Pippi...she's just helping. Have an awesome week ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. an awesome post as always!
    happy birthday to Sid & your mum!
    maybe it's too hot for the basket? or it doesn't smell right? who knows?
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina ... I shall pass your very kind birthday wishes on to my Mum. Yes I think the basket might be a bit overstuffed & I will remove some of the stuffing & see how that goes. Xx

      Delete
  6. Wow - you have been busy! Love the little jacket - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a great place your friend has, think I could live there easy, cute jacket for Sid, wow 2 already, time flies, and a lovely job you did on the horseshoe, Miss Pippi might be saying to give the basket to Sid hahahahaha
    Have a great time at your Mums, wow 90, hope she has a wonderful birthday. Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful spot for a break with friends. Happy 2nd birthday to Sid...love his vest xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful getaway--no stitching needed to enjoy that time together.
    The gifts you made for your grandson are adorable. So sweet!
    The horseshoe is beautiful--I am guessing that is a gift of good luck for the marriage?
    I have not heard of a wax wrap before. What do you do with them?
    I believe Miss Pippi is saying you need a reservation. This is her time slot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Grandson's and son's are lucky to have such an amazing loving grandmother that spoils them with unconditional love........and some gorgeous handmade with LOVE gifts....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely!!!! what is the pretty horse shoe used for. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to have a weekend away for you Julie, looks like a great place to visit. Beautiful horseshoe and the clothes you have made Sid are fantastic. Thanks for the tip about the bees, would never have thought of that. Great to do lots of different crafts, it challenges the mind!! Hope your Mum has a happy birthday. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vest is amazing! It is such good fun when you get to make for children, all the little details you can't really put on adult clothing. You have been busy again, I love all your creations and your little trip away looked like a great time was had. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she is saying Haha I got here first!!!

    It is getting cold down here now. Hope not too chilly for you up north.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x