Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Wishes Everyone

Greetings dear friends & readers,

This will be my last post for 2019 & I would like to take this opportunity to wish you ALL a most wonderful 
festive season.


I would also like to thank each & every one of you that comes this way - to my little part of cyberspace, reads my ramblings & takes the time to leave me a comment - now & then - just to say Hello & to let me know you have visited 😊
I can't tell you how much it means to me & how much pleasure this little blog of mine brings to me πŸ’›

Last night The Mr had an AGM to attend so I stood in my kitchen while the rain lashed the windows, & finished up some more Christmas Baking as well as packaging some ready for gifting

This year I made my usual Gingernut Bites & Chocolate Fudge Cake, but also made some Mars Bar Slices 
& Chocolate Crackles - some of which I added cute little festive picks to for my grandsons.


My lovely friend & longtime customer Desiree, has a beautiful baby daughter who is about to celebrate her first Christmas

Desiree called to see me in early November with the 3 fat quarters above, asking me to please make a stocking for Gretchen's first Christmas in this colourway
Her only request was Patchwork & perhaps some vintage lace somewhere in it.



I have sewn alot for Desiree & know her taste fairly well so I felt confident adding in the other fabrics to the three 
she had given me.
After I had patchworked the front, I machine appliqued on the letters for Gretchen's name


I found this beautiful vintage cotton lace in my scraps so I added a border of it to the top, then this cute cotton bird tape, which I felt matched the sweet little birds in the fabrics.
The silver charms were sewn on last as I felt they added a nice finishing touch.


 
I also added one of the fabric tags I had made from my Grandson's Advent Calendar Panels
(& a vintage button)



Both front & back were patchworked & a sweet crochet doiley was stitched to both sides.



The "handmade with love" woven ribbon was stitched on the back toe part

I LoVe these colours together & thought it turned out beautiful πŸ’—



A friend messaged me with a late Order after seeing the candles in my last post made using vintage glassware.
I had 3 containers left so made them up into candles for her over the weekend.



Also over the weekend, my lovely neighbor Jenny popped in with the sweet Angel kit above - a gift for some 
pet feeding duties I had done for her.
I was determined to find time to make her up last Sunday - she turned out beautifully & I have hung her on my tree.

It's such a treat to have a kitset & not have to go searching for anything - just enjoy sitting & putting it together.
For anyone interested, the kitset was purchased from * Here *


Yesterday while the weather was wild, these two fought & hissed & spat at each other & left big clumps of fur on the floor - mainly ginger !!
So I was rather surprised to see them tucked up together on the bed last night - when I went to get in !!
Friends again - for now πŸ˜‰

Wishing you all a safe & joyous Christmas dear friends,
I look forward to sharing more with you in the New Year,
From our Home to Yours - with much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0x



26 comments:

  1. That stocking is gorgeous....what an heirloom it shall be. I also love that sweet, sweet Angel. Your baking looks decidedly festive and delicious too. I wish you a very happy Christmas and a healthy and happy 2020. I look forward to visiting again in the New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering at the images of your yummy baking! Wish I could pop in to taste some. A sweet stocking for the wee girl. Your scented candles are soooo good. Silly cats, I hope they vaccumed all the fur up afterwards?? Happy Cherry STRESS-FREE holiday season my friend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...What can one say...As far as l'm concerned this
    Blog..and posts are up there with my very 'flavourites',
    HeHe! Look forward to them..and read them..over and over! :).
    The hard work you put into your work, is amazing, and all the
    end results are a joy..! :).

    AND! I always look forward to seeing the furry~ones, and thankyou
    for the ones you send by e~mail as well, they ALL go in my pussy~cat
    folder...Bless!xx 😼 🐾🐾

    So...Christmas in a week..Julie l hope you and all your lovely family,
    have a most wonderful time..and..can l include ALL the regular writers
    and readers of this lovely Blog as well..! Festive Christmas and New Year!
    Merry Christmas! 🎁 πŸ””πŸŽ„ Ho Ho HπŸŽ… πŸŽΆπŸ”” Jingle Bells πŸ””πŸŽΆ Ho Ho HπŸŽ…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to say how l like the name Gretchen...
      Unusual name, not heard of very much, quite unique...
      So l looked it up..
      Gretchen is a diminutive for the German name Margarete, meaning "pearl".
      It is the German equivalent of Maggie, but in Germany usually only used
      for children...
      I think it's a lovely name..!
      πŸŽ… ⛄ ❄️ 🎁 πŸ’ πŸŽ… ⛄ ❄️ 🎁 πŸ’ πŸŽ… ⛄ ❄️ 🎁 πŸ’ πŸŽ… ⛄ ❄️ 🎁

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Xmas and a happy and safe New Year.
    I also love the stocking you made for little Gretchen,looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations next year my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little stocking is just beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Gretchen's stocking is absolutely gorgeous, you did a wonderful job, thanks for sharing your life with us all on your blog and Instagram, looking forward to seeing what you get up to next year, have a wonderful Christmas with your family, and best wishes for the new year. Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year! Love your blog and appreciate you for sharing! The angel is precious! What a perfect gift. I'm sure Gretchen will treasure the stocking thru the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your work is so beautiful. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas cooking looks amazing Julie, wish I could be there for a taste along with Leeanne!! The stocking you made is beautiful, you have created a family heirloom. Those silly cats, I hope they are friendly today. Snowflake looks beautiful, and I the bet the candles smelt amazing. Thank you for the parcel you sent here, it is under the tree. ❤ I hope you have a very happy Christmas Julie, and enjoy wonderful relaxing family time. Looking forward to seeing y98ur beautiful creations next year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas cooking is wonderful, wish I was there to share. Your art talents are marvelous. I love checking to see if you have a blog post up as you are one of my favorites. I also love the kitties. I have four right now. One we call Big Girl, two 6-month old kittens who are into everything, and their Momma who was a throw away and found her way to our house - what a lucky girl. Fortunately none of our four girls will be able to reproduce. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. Beverly in North Carolina USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lot of Christmas baking. Wouldn't I love to be one of your neighbors! The stocking for Meghan turned out just beautiful and the candles are so pretty. The angel made up is so pretty too. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gretchen is a very lucky baby!What a beautiful keepsake. Many felicitations to you and yours for the season, Julie. Looking forward to seeing all your makes in 2020.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Christmas. The stocking is just beautiful, Gretchen is going to be thrilled when it comes out year after year. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how lovely the patchwork stocking is, Julie. I too love the colour of those fabrics...they are so pretty. The angel too, is a gorgeous concoction of sweet laces and ribbons. It looks beautiful hanging on the tree. May you enjoy a wondrous Christmas celebrating with your loved ones, Julie. Each and every time I visit your lovely place, I always smile when I see all the gorgeous pretties you imagine. See you next year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you a very happy Christmas and good things in the year ahead. Always look forward to your blog posts and enjoy seeing the beautiful things you make. Your candles look so beautiful. Blessings to you and your family, Julie. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas to you. I found you from Wonderful Willie. I love your baking and crafting so much! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, you are amazing! Your baked goods are as pretty as the crafts you make. Gretchen's stocking turned out beautifully. It's very special! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me again! I forgot to say how much I love those two kitty cats. They both are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fabrics in Gretchen's stocking too. Your angel is beautiful. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Julie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas Julie to you and the family and the furry twosome. The stocking is divine and your baking is making me hungry. All of your crafts are lovely and I so admire your talent.

    Julie and Poppyq
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Ξ _____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| η”°η”° |ι–€| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just popping in late on CHRISTmas Day to wish you the most wonderful New Year and abundant blessings in 2020. Your blog is a delight to my senses, Julie, and if there was a way I could swim the ditch to come visit for ages, I would. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. yoy're wonderfull and my favourite, all my love and good wishes to you and yours <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of my favourite places to visit! May 2020 be your most marvellous year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x