Greetings lovely friends & readers
The main reason for our Melbourne trip was to attend the annual Craft & Quilt Fair held in the Melbourne Convention Centre. We knew to take Tram 96 down to South Wharf. I was so excited I had barely slept the night before.
Another highlight of this day was that I knew my friend Sue would be attending to help run her Guild stand at the Fair. Sue & I have not met up since I drove to Auckland to see her in this post 18 months ago & I was very excited to see her again.
After I got back to the Hotel I found a beautifully wrapped package hidden in my handbag, Sue had slipped it in when I wasn't looking. Inside was a gorgeous St Leonards Tea-towel (this is where Sue lives) & the sweetest Christmas hoop that she had made using Barb's wooden buttons. So very kind of Sue.
One of the stalls we all found most interesting was Patchwork Ninja & we watched a good demonstration of his tools & techniques - he was a very good speaker.
Two of the bags that fascinated me on his stall - left hand side was all woven fabric lengths & the right hand one is made using a shrinking interfacing ... called a Shibori technique.
I purchased a metre of this but have yet to do anything with it.
We spent a good deal of time looking at all the quilts but in hindsight I could easily have gone back a second day as your head starts to spin after awhile. This is where taking photos is a good idea because you can look back at them but my photos really do NoT do justice to the amazing workmanship that was on display.
We spent a good deal of time looking at all the quilts but in hindsight I could easily have gone back a second day as your head starts to spin after awhile. This is where taking photos is a good idea because you can look back at them but my photos really do NoT do justice to the amazing workmanship that was on display.
Click on the pictures to enlarge them & get a better view.
These smaller size wall quilts were all down one end & this was the theme for them for 2026.
I loved the rusty Suffolk puffs & they made me think of you & your rusting work Lin.
These 2 pieces were created using Grandmother's apron, a stained tablecloth that served the Sunday roasts, & bags that carried home the weekly grocery shopping. Incredible talent.
This large quilt really caught my eye - I loved the simplicity of the timeless red & white theme & I loved the prairie points & yo-yo's in it.
This lady had taken some Redwork embroidery panels she'd made in 2023, & then fashioned them into a quilt - I really loved it (& she was a first time entrant too)
" If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun "
This one also really appealed (apologies my photos are rather dull) ... a lady had taken vintage flour sacks, coffee bean bags & doilies & made into this stunning quilt.
Just amazing ... I loved it so much 💓
Last week I came across this YouTube video
It is only 14 minutes long & features lots of the quilts should you be interested - I found it easier than my photos to view & does more justice to the stunning quilts.
Gail & I declared this stall to be our favorite ... Miss Rose, Sister Violet. Purchases were made from here ... everything was just beautiful.
This quilt was hanging on the side wall of their stall ... hard to read the writing but it says "dear world she murmured, you are very lovely & I am glad to be alive in you" Exquisite ❤
Well dear friends - I could easily fill another post with my photos but I won't as I have overloaded you enough.
Each day when we walked down from our Hotel I could smell this wonderful fragrance wafting up the street & on the last day I said to the girls ... I am going to find out where that is coming from . . . .
We found this delightful little store tucked away called Perfect Potion - she had a diffuser going in the doorway, hence the fragrance wafting down the street.
I was able to purchase the oil she was burning - it's called Soul Comfort. I think we all need a little comfort for our souls at times ... it's burning as I type this & reminds me so much of my trip.
Thank you all so very much for staying with me through 2 lengthy posts.
Wishing you all a wonderful rest-of-the-week,
Sending much love & friendship to you all,

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x