Saturday, April 2, 2022

A Wedding, An Ambulance, & A Special Birthday

Greetings lovely friends & readers

It has been an eventful week & then yesterday ... we welcomed in another shiny new month ... April 💚


Exactly a week ago today my Stepson & his Fiance got married in a stunning part of the Hamilton Gardens.   If you google Hamilton Gardens Medici Court Images,  you can see much better photos than I have taken.


 It was the most beautiful Autumnal day & the wedding was extra special because this was their 3rd attempt - having been forced to cancel twice last year due to Lockdowns.   Then my Stepson went down with Covid, only coming out of his isolation the day before the wedding.  To say we were all holding our breath is an understatement.  
My photos are not great - I am always conscious of professional wedding photographers & their protocol so I only clicked a couple of snaps.
The beautiful Bride & Groom after the service.

Their wee girl Juno (nearly 2 now) had been given a new rabbit to match her new dress.  She did so well at the service & just sat quietly with the bride's brother without making a peep.

A rare photo of me with my youngest son & his wife.  Kayne & Jared  (the groom) grew up together & have remained close. 
 
After the service we travelled to Hayes Common for the reception. The florists had done a stunning job of framing the entrance with the same sorts of flowers used in the girls bouquets. 

After a delicious meal a pink Icecream Van pulled up outside the venue & we were all to order any sort of icecream we fancied.  We all wanted to loosen our belts after this evening !! 😉
(Again - I forgot to snap pics & the ones I took of the couple dancing have come out blurry.)


On the morning of the wedding as I was heading to a friends to get my hair done I got a phone call to say my 92 year old Mum had had another fall & been carted off in an ambulance.  This did tend to put a dampner on the days celebrations for me as I was so worried about Mum.



The next morning when I learned Mum was still in hospital awaiting a CT scan I decided to head off down there. I was having a relatively uneventful drive until I encountered this huge landslide.  You can read about it * Here *.
I was only the 3rd vehicle back & I was on the other side to this pic.  (this is the newspapers photo I have shown)
I ended up taking a different route going back, then inland - a journey that normally takes me 4 hours ended up taking me nearly 7. It was a long day & I was pleased to arrive safely at Mums house.



After 4 nights Mum was discharged from hospital (nothing broken) & I took her home to her place.  I then drove home again late Thursday afternoon but I will return to look after Mum next week & this will be ongoing until a bed comes up in the Resthome just up the road from where Mum lives.


The reason I wanted to return home was because yesterday,  April 1st - was a special birthday in which 
Sid was turning 5 !!    🎈
I spent yesterday morning wrapping presents & baking & then we had his little birthday celebration in the afternoon.




One of his requests was for a dinosaur piniata which gave all the children lots of pleasure until they managed to get it to burst open & lollies pour out.

And then this sweet little photo appeared in my inbox this morning of Sid with the Crocodile Lego set I gave him.
 I can hardly believe this boy is now 5 years old & will start school at the beginning of May.    
I will miss my Tuesdays-with-Sid. 

I was able to briefly catch up with my dear friend Claire before Mum came home from hospital & she gifted me my swap gifts from our Valentines Love swap that I wrote about in * this post *
Oh My !!! What treasures !!  I shall share those in my next post as I feel this one is already long enough.
Thank You all So Very Much for your visits today,
My posts & my visits to your blogs may be a bit erratic for awhile,
Take care of yourselves dear friends - sending love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0

32 comments:

  1. What a lovely wedding Julie. An ice cream van sounds like a fun way to serve dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wedding and venue and the ice cream truck is a great idea. I hope the wait to get your Mum into a rest home is not too long. Wow! Sid 5 already, that seems to have gone by quickly. Great cakes and party food. The lego crocodile is wonderful and Sid looks very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julie I am sorry your mum has had that fall but hopefully it will mean she is escalated into the residential home and that will be so much safer and better for her - and you - much less worry to know she is not alone. It's going to be hard for you to care for her until that place comes up and you will miss your family terribly - I can't imagine doing such long drives - I find driving stressful on short journeys let alone 7 hours and a landslide! How special for Sid that you were able to be there for his birthday - he's a lovely little lad. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the wedding looked beautiful - very unusual dress - the bride looked fabulous and hopefully you will get the professional photos with the things you missed snapping :) I like the idea of an icecream van (we get this at work occasionally for a treat in the Summer, they drive in to the car park and we get a voucher).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful wedding and couple and I love the ice cream van idea. My goodness you certainly had a dramatic time of it! What a worry for you. Hope your Mum is recovering well. Sometimes it does feel as if the universe is conspiring against you. Big happy birthday to Sid. 5 is such an important number for a young man and looks like he celebrated with gusto. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a busy life you have .
    The wedding photos are beautiful .
    I hope you mother is ok now she is a very good age bless her .
    You have a lovely family . Take care and enjoy your weekend .hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely family memories with a wedding and a birthday. Sending love to your mother for a good recovery. I had a trip last week which put me in hospital with a broken wrist, sadly it is the hand that I used for everything so I am really missing crafting and baking.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wedding looked lovely. Ice cream for dessert sounds wonderful. I hope your Mum is ok. Lovely photo of Sid with his crocodile. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie boy lots sure did happen ,boy what a week for you ,I do hope your mum is feeling better and that a spot in the rest home comes up soon for her.
    Oh your Sid is a handsome young man and how clever he is ,his dinosaur looks fantastic.
    Oh what a beautiful bride and groom I so love weddings and it sounds like a wonderful Amy was had by all and such a great idea the ice cream van ,take care lovely lady 💕🤍💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! I have'nt been to a wedding in years!
    And, l do enjoy a nice wedding..dressing up,
    seeing the ladies in their fineries..Lovely! :).
    And the happy couple above there look lovely,
    did the groom loose his tie..HeHe! Bless! :).

    And Sid is five..goodness! Does'nt time fly
    when your growing up..!
    And, he's made a good job on the crocodile,
    out of Lego..or is it an alligator...! :O).

    Poor Mum..you must have been worried Julie..
    Still she's home now, hopefully rested and
    a lot happier..Bless her..! 92, fantastic
    age..but a rest home would be ideal for
    her..at least she'll get 24/7 care..!
    Wish her ALL the best Julie..! :).

    First few days of Spring over here, nice
    and sunny, though still cold and frosty..
    Dry at least..that's the main thing...! :O).
    🌱 🌽 🌿 🍅 🍆 🍈 🍉 🌱 🌽 🌿 🍅 🍇

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely wedding
    Happy Birthday to Sid!
    Prayers your Mom's health improves
    Rock slide! That's scary.
    I hope you are getting your rest. That is a long drive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looked to be a perfectly lovely wedding. Thank you for sharing the photos that you did of your children. I'm thinking there's just way too much excitement packed into just a few days. It's a wonder you didn't ask the hospital to give you a bed right beside of your mother. Then you could have had a 4-day rest. I do hope all goes well with her and I know it has to be a great concern. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn & Precious. Yes it was alot packed into a few days ... I am tempted to put my own name down at the Resthome & just leave my family to sort themselves out 😉😉 But of course, we just keep plodding on. Miss Pippi misses me so much when I am away & hardly eats - she looks very thin on my return home. Enjoy your weekend Xxx

      Delete
  13. I am so sorry your mum had another fall, Julie. So glad there are no bones broken and she is okay. Let us hope a placement in assisted living comes up very soon. How fabulous the happy couple were able to finally be married. Covid has certainly put a spanner in the works for many couples. Your stepson and his wife looked gorgeous, as did sweet Juno. Such an adorable bunny. Lovely photo of you and your son and daughter-in-law. Happy Birthday to your Sid. It looks as if he had the perfect day, filled with fun presents and yummy food. I can't believe he is five....really?? Surely you are mistaken. =) Take care as you stay with your mum, dear Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness you have been busy with the ups and downs of life. The wedding looked gorgeous, but sorry to hear about your Mum. Family is very important through all the trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely wedding pics and an ice cream van! What a marvellous idea. So sorry to
    read about Mums fall, you must have been so worried all through the wedding.Great party food for Sid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looked like a lovely wedding Julie, it was nice to see the old home town, sorry your mum had another fall, it was lucky she didn't break any thing. Wow I can't believe Sid is 5, time flies so they say. Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about your Mums fall and the eventful drive there..... happy birthday to Sid..... growing so fast.... such lovely wedding pics, a special day for everyone...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely wedding, and what a great birthday celebration. I am so sorry about your Mom's fall, and I am so glad that she was not injured badly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no that's just crazy!!!!! Sid was just a baby 5 seconds ago!!!! How can it be!!!! He's already 5!!! lol You've certainly had some action happening lately. I do love the Medici building. Very Italian....my love. I hope you mum recovers fast. I'm glad you did not happen a long any earlier than you did at the rock slide. gulp. Beautiful photos all round. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad they were able to get married. Also that you were safe from the landslide. What a stressful tiring time you have been having. Cute picture of Sid!......Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful wedding photos :) So sorry to hear about your Mum's fall, and that journey sounds horrendous. Happy Birthday to Sid!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful wedding day Julie. I hope your mum is ok. It is good that she will be going to be somewhere where she will be safe and supported.

    Julie and poppyq
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Julie, what a mixture of emotions but thankfully your Mum is ok. The wedding looks fabulous, the bride is beautiful and dear Sid, one minute you are telling us he was born and now he starts school. You will miss him on your regular days but you can do some more crafting. I guess you are going to be tied up with helping your Mum, it can be difficult times but we hope all will work out for her favourably and you.I went to a family wedding last month and we had an ice cream van there as well, a very popular item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a range of feelings, but luckily your mother is fine. The bride is stunning, the wedding looks amazing, and darling Sid, you were just telling us that he was born and now he is starting school. On your regular days, you'll miss him, but you can still craft more. Although it may be challenging at times, I suppose you will be obligated to assist your mother. We hope everything turns out well for both of you and your mother. I recently attended a family wedding where there was also an ice cream truck, which was a big hit .

      Delete
  24. Oh! dear that must have been so worrying but very glad your Mum is back home now and on the mend. Goodness what a lot of ups and downs! The journey to your Mums sounds quite frightening glad there were no mishaps. Beautiful setting for the wedding and the bride looks wonderful. Take care now. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely day and place for the wedding. Our neighbours had to cancel their wedding twice last year and are now getting married next month. I hope your Mum is well on the way to recovery. What a worry for you. Happy birthday to Sid. Do they start school once they turn 5 over there, even if it's in the middle of the year? xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a spectrum of emotions, but fortunately your mum is doing well. The bride is gorgeous, the wedding appears to be perfect, and dear Sid, you just informed us that he was born and is now starting school. You'll miss him on your typical days, but you can still create more. You will have to help your mother, even though it could be difficult at times. We wish you and your mother the best of luck in everything. I recently went to a family wedding that included an ice cream truck, which was really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a range of feelings, but thankfully your mother is doing well. Dear Sid, you just told us that he was born and is now starting school. The bride is stunning, the wedding seems to be beautiful, and everything looks wonderful. On your regular days, you'll miss him, but you can still make more. You must assist your mother, despite the fact that there may be moments when it is challenging. We hope that everything goes well for you and your mother. A recent family wedding I attended featured a particularly well-liked ice cream truck.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A wedding is a ceremony that marks the beginning of a marriage between two people. It typically involves the exchange of vows and rings, the declaration of marriage by an officiant, and a celebration with family and friends. Weddings can be religious or secular, and often include customs and traditions specific to the couple's cultural background.




    ReplyDelete
  29. A wedding is a ritual that heralds the start of a couple's marriage. A marriage is often declared by an officiant, vows and rings are exchanged, and a reception with family and friends follows.The couple's cultural traditions and rituals are frequently incorporated into weddings, whether they are religious or secular.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x