Friday, April 15, 2022

My Valentine's " LOVE " Swap Gifts From Claire 💗

Greetings lovely friends & readers

I have been away down to my Mum's again but I will share that visit in another post.     Regular readers of my blog will remember the Valentine's Love Swap that my friend Claire & I did in this Post * Here *     It was time for me to receive my swap gifts from Claire & Oh My ... how Very spoilt was I !!??

-  Flowers picked from my garden for my daughter in law's birthday  -

 
I had planned to visit Claire on my last trip but the slip made me So much later as I took a different (longer) route.        I texted her to say "it's probably too late now" only to be told "NO - I'm expecting you". Upon my arrival she sat me down with a hot cuppa & a plate of home-made pizza bread.  It was just the tonic I needed & next thing ... this Beautiful pink hat box was placed in my lap. 


Claire had been going to donate it but then decided to revamp it to house my swap gifts in ... how stunning & perfect it was 💗


This is what it looked like inside when I lifted the Lid ..........



Four parcels each wrapped in a vintage linen tea-cloth & a Tilda envelope attached, tied up with a big pink bow !
Oh Be Still My Rapidly Beating Heart ..........  💗



These are the wooden letters (above) which Claire painted & decorated.

L stands for Love-hearts ... a beautiful Love heart quilt made using Tilda fabrics ... & quilted with hearts 💕


& a tube of Love Heart sweets.



O stands for "the shape" ... yet another gorgeous quilt made using O-shaped blocks, quilted in O's & even an "O" cross stitch label on the back.  Also a delightful handmade ceramic O-shaped bowl.
(I think about this point in time - I may have cried !!!)



V stands for Violet & for "V"  ... a smaller size quilt made using V shaped blocks (gorgeous vintage Tilda), a Violet-coloured "Scissor wall-hanging" in a V-shape,  some tiny Embroidery scissors & 3 Velour hearts with Tilda Angels attached.

If you look closely you may notice the M & M's packet is empty - I blame that ginger cat of mine !!
E stands for Envelope & Easter Eggs !!!  A square shaped table quilt with Envelope blocks on it & two bags of Easter Eggs. 


Each package had one of these hand-sewn Tilda Envelopes with it & a handwritten notecard inside 


Here are the 4 Vintage embroidered tablecloths once I have ironed them all ... just gorgeous. 


Yesterday was the first chance I have had to even think about how to display my beautiful new treasures & I am sure I will continue to change my mind & re-arrange things.  This is a small display on the edge of my TV cabinet using the Envelope table quilt.



The Love hearts quilt fits perfectly over an armchair & the Tilda Summer pillow, a gift from my dear friend Leeanne,  just compliments it so well.  The V-shaped quilt tucked under a small display of china in similar colourings.
,

I stitched a quilt hanger to the Scissor quilt & hung it in my sewing room along with a velvet bow ... but Claire informs me I have it upside down (!!!)  I shall have to rectify this 😉
As you can imagine dear friends - I am just so happy with all my swap gifts - in fact, happy doesn't really do it justice.  Just So Much Love sewn in to each & every piece 💕 Claire's handwork is absolutely stunning!!

Thank you dear readers, if you've stayed to the end of this photo-heavy post. 
Wishing each & every one of you a Blessed Easter ... I hope you get to spend it however you choose.  For me it will be a quiet one & believe me when I say - Quiet is perfectly fine with me !
Thank you as always, for your visits here today,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0


21 comments:

  1. Great post ,what lovely goodies from your friend , you are so loved , I can see.
    Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Mum is ok,Julie. Those quilts are just so pretty. All of your gifts were so very you. What a generous friend. Happy Easter to you and yours, Julie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful treasures Julie. I hope your mum is all settled in, and I am sure you are glad to be back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend Claire is certainly a talented craftsperson. And she knew how to take care of you on that trip down that was so difficult a few weeks ago. How lovely a way to spend a couple of hours. Now I can see exactly what kind of beautiful tablecloths Blackie is trying to keep pressed for you. I do hope you have a lovely Easter weekend and have good weather for it and a family get-together. Knowing that you just came back from another trip down I hope that all went well. Here it is trying to warm up somewhat but the rain is nonstop and the Farmers can't get out into their fields. Our Easter will be quiet at home and hopefully with a bit of sun for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn & Precious. I hope you both have a lovely Easter weekend too ... its a beautiful crisp autumn day here with sunshine but a chill to it too. xx

      Delete
  5. Ah! Julie! The box has to be 'pink' to
    find the best presents..And a 'pink'
    ribbon..Lovely! :)


    HeHe! I was thinking, it's a good job
    there are only four letters in..Love..
    otherwise you'd be there ALL day if it
    was 'Adorable'..Sorry! Can't think of
    anything longer..! :O).

    Easter weekend has stared over here,
    they say there are going to be 27 million
    cars on the road this weekend..mine..is'nt
    going anywhere, that's for sure..quiet
    weekend..hopefully.!
    Though l'm gonna sit down this afternoon at
    2.30 and watch the 1961 film 'King of Kings'.
    Good Friday and all that..!

    So..Happy Easter to you and yours Julie..Hope
    Mum's o.k. Look forward to a report next time..
    BIG (((HUGS))) and XX's for the furry two! Bless!xx
    🐰 🥚 🐇 🐰 🥚 🐇 🐰 🥚 🐇 🐰 🥚 🐇 🐰 🥚 🐰 🥚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julie ,wow what beautiful gifts you have received,love how you have displayed them,what a great idea with those envelopes,happy Easter my friend 💕🤍💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I would love to have a friend like Claire. She is very talented and does beautiful work. I was so impressed with her use of the word LOVE and the creations she made to represent each letter. She obviously cares a lot about you and you must be a great friend to deserve such wonderful gifts. Can you tell I'm a bit jealous? Thank you for sharing this. I enjoy and appreciate good workmanship and you do such a wonderful job of displaying everything, making it even more lovely. I'm not sure that I've ever commented on your blog before. (long time lurker, I'm afraid) I just had to say something this time as I was overwhelmed by her quality and unique way of developing her ideas into such nice work. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ranee... thank you SO much for taking the time to leave your sweet kind comment. She sure is talented & her work is amazing. She is also very fast at patchwork! We both really like the same things (Tilda fabric!!) so it is kind of easy to do these swaps amongst ourselves. Well the work is not easy but choosing what to make is quite fun & easy. Thanks again for stopping by Ranee ... wishing you a happy Easter.😊 xx

      Delete
  8. What loveliness from Claire. The quilted items are perfection, and the letters so well painted and designed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what amazing gifts Claire blessed you with, lovely Julie. All are exquisite. I can see you in my mind's eye you playing with each pretty, placing each one here, there; everywhere. =) A quiet Easter does sound rather wonderful. Put your feet up and relax and enjoy all your pretties, and your lovely home. May your Easter be a blessed one, lovely lady

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very nice talented friend. The items are lovely! Would take me a year or more to make them if I even could. You are blessed. Happy Easter. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gifts Julie and I love the box! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow.....Clare is a clever creative soul just like you! All the gifts are treasures and so suited your tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love seeing what you 2 talented ladies come up with, gorgeous items indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun parcel .... I can imagine how much fun you had... hope all is well with your mum
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely package, your friend is very gifted to make such beautiful quilting and has put so much thought into the theme. I am pleased to see you have been spoilt a little, you deserve to be. I hope things with your mum are going ok. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat this has been, going through your quilts and needle work . . . it's like watching the fireworks on the 4th of July . . . each thing you see is my new favorite, so I go back and look again and I realize that it is impossible to have a favorite when everything is so amazingly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The two of you absolutely excel yourselves with these swap gifts each year!! LOVE them indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, so many beautiful gifts. Claire has certainly thought of everything. Enjoy all your special goodies. Happy Easter to you too Julie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been popping in and out of bogland, and have obviously missed several of your posts. But I had to stop and pick up my chin from off the floor when I saw the gifts you received from Claire! Oh, my, you two certainly deserve each other. You are both so creative and so generous. I am glad she treated you so very well! Lovely packaging, lovely creations. Just--WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x