Monday, April 24, 2023

Mr P. Cottontail Rabbit . . . . . . & Displaying Some of Mum's Treasures

Greetings lovely friends & readers

Although I have packed all my Easter decor away now, I did manage to finish off this rabbit which I started only 12 short months ago!!!  

His name is P. Cottontail Esquire & he is designed by Lyn Hosford.


For his tailored Jacket I used the wool fabric from a man's blazer that was purchased from the Op Shop quite sometime ago.  I often pick these up when I see them going cheaply as the wool fabric is wonderful to use in projects.
His personalised wooden key is purchased from * here *



Though the pattern states to dunk his body in a "dye bath mix" to stain it, I could not bear to do this ... I much preferred my Gentleman rabbit in pristine condition. 
Here he is besides Miss Maggie Rabbit which I made way back in 2019!


The pattern is from the book Meadow Threads by The Need'l Love Company

I hauled a comfy lounge chair over closer to my French doors for the winter time.  It gets lovely afternoon sun here & is a nice spot to sit & look outside in the wintery months.
  Amongst Mum's treasures I had bought back this soft pink mohair throw & I draped this over the chair.  My friend Jane had gifted me a beautiful Cath Kidston tea-towel last birthday, commemorating our late Queen's Platinum Jubilee.  I decided to make it up into a rectangular cushion for my chair.  Jane had also gifted me the beautiful piece of Sanderson Linen & this became a cushion also.   


I thought they looked so pretty on the pink throw & they only took a couple of hours to sew up.  Often I pick up cushion inners when I am thrifting & tuck them away for projects like this.  

An inviting spot to sit with a cuppa ... I just need to make sure I actually do this!


There is a round occasional table next to my chair & I displayed Mum's glass cake stand on it along with some pretty floral china my friend Sandy had gifted me.  When I do new little vignettes like this, it encourages me to pull everything out & it all gets a good clean & a vaccum & I like to oil/polish my wooden furniture.    



A small ribbon-rose embroidered cushion that I gifted to Mum many years ago now 💝


I was with Mum when she purchased this sweet little Oak table way back in 2014.  She needed something to display photographs on & this was perfect.  I've always loved the heart shaped legs on it so home it came with me.  Mum's Crown Lynn Swan displayed on the lower shelf. (would you believe dear readers - Mum used the Swan to hold her toilet cleaner & loo brush !!!)



This Oak Canteen holds Mum's silver cutlery set.  She had always said she wanted me to have this so I have sat it on top of the Oak table & popped a small display on top.  Looking at the brass tray in this photo - I really must try 

The sweet lace cloth cames from Mum's also

Just a little corner of my home ... & makes me think of Mum when I look at her treasures around me.  There are still lots more to sort through yet dear friends, but I am trying to deal with a few things each week.  



Sid came twice last week & wanted to do "arts & crafts".  I save loo roll tubes for him but he also goes through my Recycling bin & pulls out any cardboard boxes etc that he wants.  He happily crafts & builds junk contraptions for hours! He LoVeS cellotape & goes through rather-a-lot !!! 😉


I got up early this morning & cleaned out my Fridge.  I then tossed all the left over veggies into a Fridge Drawer stew.  This will hopefully feed us for 3 nights & smells very comforting cooking away in the Crock Pot.  


There is a cold Southerly wind blowing here today & Madam Pip has her banana box inside the house with a fresh wool blanket.  Blackie is tucked up in the hallway cupboard sitting on the ironing pile (!!!) 😐.  The Mr informs me we are in for cold temps tonight.

I hope you are warm & cosy where-ever you are dear friends,

Thank you as always, for your welcome visits here today,

With much love & friendship to you All,

Love Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

29 comments:

  1. Love Mr Rabbit, he's gorgeous. The cushions are lovely & it does look tempting to sit there & while away some time stitching or reading. The oak table is beautiful. It's getting cooler here. The cats are getting all snuggly & wanting laps &/or blankets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie what a lovely post I love your rabbit he looks very smart ,I love your mum decorated corner ,I had a chuckle with the swan lol.
    Sid looks like he is having heaps of fun and pip looks very comfortable,hope you have a lovely day Julie ,I am just about to hop into the pool lol,hope it’s not to cold for you tonight 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute rabbit couple. You have displayed Mum's treasures beautifully - I love that little table. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Julie , love all the pillows a lovely place to sit and think about your mother .
    Time heals .
    Love the rabbit to he is so cute .
    Have a fun week hugs June .

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cosy your sunny little corner looks, Julie. Yes, you must find some moments in your day to sit, enjoy the sunshine and all of your mum's lovely pretties. The table is a lovely one and the cutlery box is a treasure. P. Cottontail Esquire is a handsome bunny; the perfect mate for Miss Maggie Rabbit. I'm afraid I cannot quite believe the gorgeous swan once housed the toilet brush. So glad you rescued it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very posh name for a very posh looking
    bunny, wearing a very posh looking jacket.......
    P. Cottontail Esquire..yes..very posh...! :).

    Cushions..Goodness! I was in town last Saturday,
    went round all the charity shops, in the last one
    l saw two cushions, with tiger faces on the front
    of them..so they had to come home with me....
    £6..(12.15 in New Zealand dollars).. for the two of
    them..trouble is, where to put them...Bedroom me
    thinks...!

    We've have a bit of sunshine, though still a bit chilly,
    with frosts, first thing..warms up during the day though!
    Dry, that's the main thing...
    And looks as though Miss Pippi is in the right place....!x
    Bless! Wonder what she's dreaming of....Mice...? :O)x
    🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦 🍦

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bittersweet memories become sweeter and less bitter as time passes. I love the rabbits - of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think having the beautiful swan in the bath was not a bad idea on your Mum's part. You know how many
    times a day we visit it and each time she could plainly see and enjoy the sight of it. However, I do like you have it
    out with your lovely table and cutlery box and now decorated with the fun bunnies. I just took all mine down yesterday
    and have moved on to a simple embroidery on the inner front door. We are having frost every morn this week and
    too cold at 45 in the afternoons to bike. One week of this, and then we see some relief coming in May. I have all
    these pots of annuals and seedlings stacked by the back patio door just waited for planting. Sid looks to be having
    a ball crafting. Good for the imagination. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn & Precious. I hope you manage to get your annuals in - you are right to wait for the frosts to pass. We had a ripper frost this week but now we are back to wind & light rain & warmer temps. I think the seasons just don't quite know what they are up to lately. Wishing you a lovely week both of you xxx

      Delete
  9. What a lovely swan. I'm glad you have room to display some of your mums treasured collection and that those things are being loved and appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bunny is terrific.
    I love the jacket and I love that expressive look... "hey here I am".
    You sewed super the Queen pillow... there is so much to discover about you, it's fun. Thanks.
    Many greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little vignettes... they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr Cotton tail is a very handsome chap. Lovely to have memories of your mum in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you have some of your dear Mum's keepsakes with you, they are important. Mr. Cottontail is lovely Julie and I would keep him on display all the time, fantastic coat he is wearing.Sid will grow up with fantastic memories of his crafting time with you, the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a handsome rabbit couple you now have in your home!
    Your newly created pillows look lovely on the soft pink throw.
    I love the way you have displayed your Mum's treasures. Very sweet.
    Sid is very creative with cardboard tubes, cellotape, and whatever he scavenges out of the recycle bin. :)
    A nice stew sounds good, as we have a cool, rainy day today. Maybe I will follow your example there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie, how lovely to have your Mum's treasures, they look so nice. I like the sound of your fridge stew, bet it tastes yummy. Don't you wish you could be a kitty on a cool day, curled up all snuggly and snooze the day away! Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rabbit is lovely.... both are... and its lovely for you to have some of your Mum's things around. I bet the children will have so many wonderful memories from your place...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute rabbit, and your mum had some lovely stuff, like I have said before your house looks so warm and welcoming Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your rabbit is gorgeous Julie. I love the cushions. They look lovely sitting on your mum's blanket. It's so nice having your mum's special things on display so you can look at them all the time. Everything is beautifully displayed. Sid looks very pleased with himself! Aren't crock pots the best thing, especially in the cooler months. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet kind comment Christine. I am really enjoying having Mum's things around me to enjoy. Yes I agree - I would be lost without my crock pot. Enjoy the week Christine & thanks again xx

      Delete
  20. Your gentleman rabbit is fabulous. I don't think I would have dipped him in dye either. I started making a rabbit from the kit like your Maggie Rabbit. It is so cute with the shawl fastened with a button. I must get that out and finish it. Everything looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your rabbit and decorating Julie. Mum had a swan like your Mums, it was used for flower arranging.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always have the most lovely blog full of decorating ideas, crafts and just plain love of homemaking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so in love with Mr. Cottontail x I love how you have displayed your dear Mums treasures....some beautiful pieces. I love the sound of your special sunny spot to read, sew or ponder. Stay cosy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely vignettes Julie - and I love the way you have scattered your Mum's treasures around your space. Mr Cottontail is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x