Sunday, April 16, 2023

Easter Decorating Threadbear Style .............................

Greetings lovely friends & readers

As I began packing away my Easter decorations this morning I realised I had not yet shared them on here.

I really LoVe Easter decorating - I love all the soft pastels & I really enjoy that it can all be bought out in a day & then packed away again in a couple of hours, unlike Christmas decor that seems to take me days & days. 

I have a vintage Singer Sewing table in the corner of my dining room that I like to decorate for the seasons.  This is my display on here - nothing new this year, just re-using the same decor from previous Easters.   Raggedy Rabbit made * here *
 

Same table - different end

This is the small nest of tables that I decorated * here * . New items are the Girl Statue that I painted * here * & a pink Easter sign gifted from my friend Sally last year. 


I bought this little shelf in from my Cottage - I have a new piece here ... the china rabbit plate purchased on sale 
from * here * about a month ago. 
Raggedy Heirloom Rabbit made by me * here * & knitted rabbit from Mum's

My mantlepiece is decorated pretty much the same as last Easter with no new items.

                                              A small occasional table with some Easter items from last year
The rabbit trinket box is new - again purchased on sale from * here * but turned out much larger than I imagined - one of the downfalls of online buying I guess.   The moss rabbits are both op-shop finds.


A small primitive display on another table - nothing new here ... wool rabbit made * here * ... cross stitch cushion made * here *

This wooden egg was a 50 cents op-shop purchase sometime last year. I found it when I unpacked my Easter decor & decided to give it a coat of white chalk paint.  It had some tatty lace glued around the middle which I pulled off first & sanded lightly.  


I had purchased the decoupaged wooden rabbit from my friend Joy when I was last down at Mum's.  I found the very same serviette Joy had used in my stash, so I decoupaged the egg with it.  I just love how this turned out & would never have thought to use browns & greys in my Easter decor had I not seen Joy's rabbit.  🤎🖤


This one is especially for you dear Willie ...... when Blackie got wind of the idea that I was Easter decorating he decided to bring me my very Own Easter Bunny!!!   He was not at all impressed when I shooed him away with it. 



I sewed a baby gift over Easter - 2 bibs & a wool blanket rabbit.  My dear friend Sandy is flying to Canada to visit her new grandaughter so I wanted to send a little Kiwiana gift as Sandy's son & my youngest son were very good friends during their schooling years.  


I spent a couple of days with Alec this past week.  The first day we went to the Variety Store (Pokemon cards!!), Cafe for morning tea, the Space Centre & then the Movies in the afternoon.  On day 2, I decided we should drive over to Raglan & we had a delicious fresh fish lunch at the Wharf Cafe. 

After lunch we went to the beach & Alec found a trowel so he dug for crabs.  He found 8 which he played with for awhile before Granny made him put them back in the water & we had an icecream before heading home.  It was a wonderful couple of days but I was rather shattered at the end.  Next week I'll be having Sid as it's school holidays here in New Zealand.

Thank you dear friends, as always, for your welcome visits here today,
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead - remember to be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship to you All,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x


20 comments:

  1. Your Easter decorating is lovely, Julie. So, so many pretties to smile at. I rather love revisiting seasonal pretties each year instead of buying a lot of new things. Your sweet girl statue you brought home with you from your mum's place looks fabulous in her new home. Fun adventures with your grandsons. Enjoy your time with Sid over the school holidays. Such fun times times to be had and wonderful memories to be made. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Easter displays , looks like a fun day out with your GS /
    Enjoy your week hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie oh I love your Easter decorating,so many cute and lovely things,how lovely to spend some time with Alec,hope you had a lovely Sunday my friend 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorating Julie - all I can manage is a small wall hanging! Nice to spend time with your grandchildren. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness! Me! Julie...You look over run with bunny rabbits...
    They gook great, especially the ones on the vintage sewing
    machine, everything fits together nicely...! Love the moss
    rabbits..certainly different...! :).

    And as for Blackie..Bless him..!x Tell him him to catch
    bigger rabbits...One that size would'nt feed many..HeHe! :).
    And do you know Julie l still have a photo in my 'Pussy~Cat'
    folder that you sent me ..Of Blackie holding another rabbit,
    he'd caught..it's dated the 11th of March 2018....
    Bless him..he's a little hero...bringing an Easter prezzy, and
    you shooed him away...Tut! Tut! HeHe!x

    Sounds like you had a great couple of days with Alec...keeping
    you busy, and catching crabs, great fun...ice~cream and the movies..
    He's certainly grown has'nt he...! :).

    Best get on..we're into a few days of warmer weather, no rain,
    thankfully...managing to get out into the garden and do a bit....!
    Busy week coming up, take one day at a time...!x
    🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems a shame to put away all your pretty Easter things, but then you have the pleasure of getting them all out again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The saying here is "multiply like rabbits" when things start to get many of anything! You have the bunnies for sure and I'd say all are so delightful. You can make more decorations, I know, however, these are so colorful and fun, making room for more may be a challenge. More tables? lol. We finally have the color of Spring popping out all over this hot week. Very unusual to be 80 in mid April and even dry for a change, until later today. Back to regular temps tomorrow. If you had not heard, 18,000 dairy cows , Jersey and Holstein, were all killed at one huge dairy in Texas 2 days ago. What a tragedy. An explosion caused by over heated equipment they think for now. You did have quite an adventure with Alec and next up with Sid. Have fun and get a nap. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Lynn & Precious. I had not heard that about the dairy cows killed in the explosion !!! Goodness me - doesn't bear thinking about does it - how tragic. I shall remember to tell The Mr about this & he might not think his calving season is going too badly if he hears about this! 😉 Yes I have had Sid this week ... today has been a cleaning up day & by gosh - it needed it!!! Enjoy the weekend both of you xx

      Delete
  8. Your decorations are lovely. I still have my St. Patrick's Day decorations up! I'm just a little behind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorating is just delightful..... such a fun time for the boys too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decorations, they are lovely. Looks like you & Alec had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naughty Blackie and poor little bunny! Love all your makes, especially the pink bunny for your friend's grand-daughter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed the tour of your Easter decor. Shames my efforts (if they can be called that) terribly! :)
    Such a sweet baby gift.
    Your adventures with Alec left me wondering where you get all your energy. But they sound like a couple of glorious days with Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jackie has left a new comment on your post "Easter Decorating Threadbear Style .............................":

    Lovely decorations. Poor little bunny, Blackie was not being a good boy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debby has left a new comment on your post "Easter Decorating Threadbear Style .............................":

    Wow you really have a good eye for displaying and decorating all your spring and Easter treasures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your rabbits and bunnies Julie, your home looks so lovely with them all on display, I especially adore the gini simpson rabbit, always loved her patterns, you did a great job on her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never tire of seeing your beautiful Easter displays. Your wooden egg and rabbit are wonderful. I may have just bought some more on sale Easter items lol!Looks like Alec had fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Easter decorations. I always lean toward the rabbits and bunnies for Easter. You have a lovely collection and display them attractively. I think I need to make me some homemade bunnies. I love the little girl figurine - just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I missed this post. All your Easter decorating is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, very nice post!!! I would add also one pretty snood from Velvet North: https://velvet-north.com/easy-snood-knitting-pattern-free-berlyn-snood/
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x