Thursday, March 28, 2024

Easter Creativity . . . . Part 1 "Making"

Greetings lovely friends & readers

There has been quite a bit of Easter Creativity going on here at Threadbear HQ.

I wanted to make the Grandchildren some Easter treat bags similar to the Carrot Bags I made in * this post *.

A google search for Easter Treat Bags free patterns sent me to this wonderful site.   I didn't want anything too complicated & these box bottom bags with their bunny ears just fit the bill nicely.

Fronts with their lovely bows & bunny ears                   Backs with their fluffy bunny tails     

 I made a prototype using the measurements they gave ... 6 x 9 inches - it was too small for what I needed.  So I made another slightly larger one but still needed to increase my length.  This is why I ended up with the 3 prototypes above, which I filled with some Easter treats & sent off to 3 dear friends living away  ... some surprise mail to hopefully brighten their days.  

From left to right .....  Sadie's, Juno's, Alec's & Sid's is the dinosaur one

The final measurement I settled on was 7 inches wide by 12 in length.  This just held all the goodies nicely that I wanted to include for my 2 Grandsons & 2 (step) Grandaughters.  

I was also determined to use up fabrics that I already had in my stash & was able to achieve this without buying anything - even the ribbons were from my stash.  

I included stickers & crafty bits, Pokemon cards for the boys, egg cups, not all of it was chocolate ... some of the choccy items accidentally ended up in my mouth (!!!) 😐

    
 Another change I made was to fit a rectangle of cardboard in the bases as this just made them sit that much nicer.  Some pom poms glued on for tails & Happy Easter  🐰🐇 !!!

Each grandchild gets an Easter Activity book along with their treat bags.  They are all wrapped & ready to hand out this weekend.


I had to drive & collect Alec from school last week so I went via the city as The Mr needed a motorbike part picked up.  I popped into K-mart for some bits to fill the children's treat bags & spied these Easter wreaths on sale.  I purchased one as I'd seen * this * wonderful YouTube Video & decided I just Had to make one!  

On my way out the other side of the city I stopped at The Hamilton Flower Market to buy a bag of green moss.  I was parked right outside St Vinnies Op-shop so as I was running ahead of time I popped in for a quick look.

This is what I came away with friends  ....  I could not believe my haul & all of this for the princely total of $27 !! Some real treasures in amongst this lot (tho' for some reason The Mr did not seem to think so & he did mention the word Junk !!!) 😉



These sweet little Easter Candles were still in their original cellophane - $4 for 6.  I removed them from their carton & displayed them on a dear little ceramic dish that I'd thrifted several weeks ago  .  .  .  .  .  .


.  .  .  .  .  . sitting on a nest of pastel coloured Easter Grass 💗

Be still my beating heart 💕


Last Saturday it rained here all day long, was dreary & cold & this is where the furry 3 spent the entire day.  If you see the arrow in the top left hand pic, that is fat Blackie asleep on Mum's glory box (!!),  Little One on the bed & Madam Pip in front of the heater of course!        I decided to have myself  "A Crafting Day" 


I happily stood at my bench all morning & painted wooden tags & this wooden rabbit cut-out purchased 



Two coats of Vintage White chalk paint & I was ready to decoupage a serviette onto my rabbit.  I added a lace bow & a key charm to her neck.  These wooden eggs were in a drawer - I used to have them as display items in my craft cottage when I sold the Hessian Hen doorstops that I used to make.



I gave them a good wash (they were filthy) & applied some Re-design knob transfers to them ... a sweet little display beside my wooden rabbit  🐰💗



Once painted I decoupaged the tags with serviettes & also this little wooden paddle in the centre .. I lightly rubbed the edges with antiqueing ink to age them a bit.


Back to finishing off that wreath .... once the glue was dry & I'd filled in any gaps, I found an old tin urn of Mums which I filled with oasis & then secured the wreath in using bamboo skewers.  This stabilised it well.  I decoupaged some polystyrene eggs with vintage music papers & popped these in the front.  My urn could do to be a bit bigger but sometimes you just have to use what you have on hand, as well we know dear friends.


I had planned to trim my topiary but I've decided I rather like it hairy for now!  My friend Desiree visited this morning & when she said "that just looks like it's been there forever" it was the best compliment she could pay me  😊


Thank you as always dear friends, for your welcome visits here today,

Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend - I shall be back with Part 2 over Easter as I still have lots to share with you,

With much love & friendship to you all,



24 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Julie! Your post as always is inspiring. Love your Easter display 🐰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy - I miss you & wish you were here having a cuppa with me & some easter baking 🖤xx

      Delete
  2. Flabbergasted at how you make 'junk' into something so beautiful..... such lovely Easter displays and presents for the grandies.... well done finding a use for the prototypes ....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 200% confidence in your buys turning into gorgeous treasures! The Bunny bags are so cute and I love your bunny makeover and beautiful tags. The bunny wreath looks fantastic.
    Another wonderful post Julie.
    Happy Easter to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much inspiration Julie. The little bags are so cute and I do love the bunny wreath. What a great op shop haul. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it all. I love the Wee Willie Winkie candlestick. Have a lovely Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Julie. My neighbour gave me two silver candlestick holders like those you bought at opshop. I'm going to spray them gold and keep them for Christmas table. Love the flower presses and if course the wreath and bunny are delightful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! Made it...just got back from town, in the
    pouring rain...Rain! Rain! Rain! That's all we get,
    with very loud thunder/lightening over night...! :(.

    Still...The Easter things look lovely Julie...Love the
    Easter bunnies up top there..especially their blue
    bottoms with the little white tails...! :)
    And the transformation of the bunny, looks lovely
    to....
    And the wreath...Have the furry~ones checked it out
    yet..something new to wipe their whiskers on...And,
    talking of the furry~ones...HeHe! Blackie keeping an
    eye out, the other two asleep..and Miss Pippi in the
    best place...! Bless!xxx

    Goodness me...! It's lunch time...I have a few chicken
    wings to finish off, heated up with a few hash browns! :).
    🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇🐇 🐇 🐇

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Hoppy Easter weekend. Your Easter table decorated looks lovely and Springy to me but I guess a bit of a Fall good bye for you. The Easter bunny baskets complete with cotton tails, how fun to make and to receive. I like your Op Shop fun items. Figure a man to not recognize the good stuff, but oh yay, motorcycle parts are very very necessary, lol. My bird bath was frozen this morn, but we are to be done with below freezing for a while even though my frost free date isn't until May 15. So today with 45 F and sun, the 4 parsley are going outside to the south side of the house for warmth and to get acclimated. They will stay out, but I have to remember to water. And the water will be with us from Sat night until Tues. So Easter egg hunts must be done Sat. morn or not at all! Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Easter makes - you are so full of creativity and inspiration. I think there will be some very happy grandchildren at Easter! I love the cat photos too - the furry three all look very happy in their respective sleeping perches.
    Have a lovely Easter weekend and I look forward to seeing what other lovely things you have been doing!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Las bolsitas que has hecho para tus nietos son monísimas y tus manualidades me han gustado mucho, además compraste verdaderos tesoros por poco dinero🤩🤩🤩BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from Google translate ....
      The bags you made for your grandchildren are very cute and I really liked your crafts, plus you bought real treasures for little money🤩🤩🤩KISSES.

      Delete
  10. I wonder if your grandchildren realise yet how lucky they are to have you as a grandmother. Such beautiful things you make for them. I just love your Easter decorations.
    Have a peaceful, happy Easter, Julie. x x x
    (from Janice at Jabblog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you made for the grandchildren Julie, so cute. Oh I see you were in my old neck of the woods, I went to Frankton Primary School. Every time I see your painting projects I want to get out my paints, but then I remember I dont have any anymore:-( Hope you have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute Easter boxes!! It is at times like this that I really wish I had Grandchildren to share the holiday with. You are an awesome Grandmother.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been very creative Julie. Love the bags & the bunnies. Nice haul from the op shop. Look forward to seeing what you create from them. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so enjoy visiting you here on the blog Julie, and seeing what you have thrifted and created - I smiled when I saw your 'haul' - I have one of those candlestick holders in my possession, and it sits on my desk ready to be used if I need to scorch some paper edges, etc.
    Your wee Easter packages are so sweet - I too have 'bonus' grandies, and also great grandies...
    How you turn those wee purchases into gorgeous decor items amazes me - you are so gifted
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is just Wonderful!! I especially love the bedspread...gorgeous.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course you parked outside Vinnie's.=) Such a fabulous haul! Busy, busy, busy....that's what you are, dear Julie. My head is spinning with all that gorgeousness you have imagined. I'm sure there is a wee bit of magic in those clever fingers of yours. What child wouldn't love those sweet bunnies laden with treats and surprises. I wonder, could you adopt me?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I would love to be at your house for Easter , what fun , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of beautiful clever crafts happening at yours for Easter Julie. Love the Easter bunny bags you have made for the grand children. Good to see the cats are kind of , almost getting on !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Easter Julie to you and your family. Your decorations are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Easter Julie. What gorgeous Easter treats for the grandchildren. I bet they loved them. Those egg candles you found of so lovely, as is all of your lovely makes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So nice you got some crafting done. Those Easter Egg candles are so sweet

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x