Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Baking, Last Orders .......... & a Little Bit of Pink ..........

 Greetings lovely friends & readers

We had our little craft group break up for the year last Monday - as usual with our small group of 6 - if all else fails we produce delicious food !!! 😉


I made a start on some Christmas baking of my own last week - I only swap baking with 3 friends now so I don't need to make as much as previous years.


This year I made Gingernut Bites, Mars Bar Slice & my usual Fudge cake - I really enjoy packaging everything up attractively for my friends.

Yummy baking both given And received 💕


I cleaned out my worm farm & managed to fill up 10 bottles of Worm Tea (for those that will ask - this is the liquid residue that is in the bottom layer of a worm farm & makes amazing liquid plant food for pots & the garden) I like to gift bottles of this at Christmas time also. 



I finished my final Order for the year - some Soy Candles in vintage glassware - these have been collected now.


I wanted to make a couple of Soy Candles for gifts but had used up all my vintage glass containers so I found these 2 jars at the Op Shop for 50c each.  I filled them with Pumpkin Spice soy wax & then decided to embellish the jars with some Re-design transfers I already had.

Fronts Views                                                        & Backs 
                                   I was really pleased with how they turned out & hope the recipients will enjoy burning them.

Thank You all So Much for your wonderful comments on my Christmas decorating in my last post.  I added a small pink area last week as I came across a selection of pink Christmassy bits in a drawer.  Why Ever Not I decided ??!!


                                Just a tiny selection on a bookcase & an occasional table but I LoVe it 💗



The little fairy in the glass dome below right was made way back in this post * here * - I think I need to treat her fairy lights to a new battery


When I was cutting out the Tilda Reindeer that I shared in my last post - I had the assistance of Miss Pip who very kindly sat on the calico to flatten it for me 😉

When I shared this series of pics on Instagram a lady left me a comment telling me "No - she is actually asking you "does my bum look big in this ??"         I think the lady is exactly right !! 😉  And No Miss Pip - your bum looks just perfect there 😊




Some lovely goodies arrived in the post last week - handmade snowflakes, heavenly soy wax melts & a bright shiny new diary/planner for 2021 from * Here *


As this will be my last post before Christmas Day I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very safe, merry & blessed festive season.  Thank You all so much for stopping by my little corner of cyberspace, reading my ramblings & the lovely comments that you take the time to leave - which mean the world to me.

With much love & friendship to you All,

Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0

25 comments:

  1. your decorations look so interesting! the break up party food looked very delicious too!
    ahhh Miss Pippi you have an adorable perfect little butt :P

    may you have a wonderful xmas too

    p.s. I love reading your ramblings & seeing the creative things you make here, thanx for taking the time to share it all with us xxx

    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooO! Does'nt it ALL look lovely..! :).
    Love Christmas, all the colour, and all
    the glitter..
    Though the PM over here has changed all
    the rules, total lockdown in London, and
    the East..not sure if my family can come
    down now..we'll see..!

    But..Never mind..! "Onwards and Upwards"
    That's what l say..
    Can l at this point wish you and yours Julie,
    a very happy Christmas, and ALL the lovely
    ladies who follow and comment..
    Lets hope there's a turn around next year
    for ALL of us..God Bless!

    • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas, I am glad that you are still able to meet with family and friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicous treats Julie and so beautifully presented! Your decorating is beautiful! Christmas mailmis so lovely. Merry Christmas Julie to you and your family. I look,forward to visiting again in 2021 for more gorgeous inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those treats looked very festive and delicious too. The soy candles in the jars turned out very cute with the transfers on them. Have a merry Christmas and I’ll look forward to seeing you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Julie. What a delicious spread and your baked gifts sound delicious. I gifted home made mincemeat and cherry shortbreads this year. Your candles always look so covetable in the beautiful vintage glass but the simple glass jars that you decorated look just as sophisticated. More beautiful decorating. I hope that you have a lovely Christmas and my very best wishes for 2021. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Julie. i'll try to picture a season with hot weather, as I look at all my snow. I've never lived anywhere without cold and snow, though not always on the 25th. I love seeing Miss Pippi, she looks ever so lovely for ahelper. And a bit of pink and white to soften the decorations looks just right. It is wonderful that you and your crafty friends could safely have a get together for this wonderful season of ours. I think I can smell the pumpkin candles from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn. I hope you have a wonderful festive season too. Yes our furry friends are always there to "assist us" whether we want them to be or not. xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh! A baking swap sounds good and your candles look and sound fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful Christams.. your gift baking and candles look lovely... I can almost smell them from here too.... I love your wrapping.... I need to learn wrapping!! al foil just doesn't look as good! haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a Merry Christmas Julie. Wonderful post as always. Lovely of Miss Pip to flatten the calico for you. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Julie. I love seeing what you are up to and you never disappoint. Love the kitties and seeing how they help you so much. There is one to my right assisting me as I type and the other two are with their dad taking naps. We are having a chilly and rainy day here in North Carolina USA. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for your lovely comment Beverly. Merry Christmas blessings to you & yours also. I am so pleased you can relate regarding the "help" we receive from our furry friends. xx

      Delete
  12. You make such lovely things! I especially like your handpoured candles and must learnt how to make these.
    Your baking sounds delicious too.
    Merry Xmas to you. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Meg. The candles are not hard to make so I would encourage you to have a go. There are lots of great Youtube tutorials on them also. Merry Christmas to you & yours Meg. xx

      Delete
  13. I always enjoy reading your posts. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas... see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post Julie, the craft group food looks wonderful, your baking and the candles look wonderful and your wrapping and presentation is always beautiful. Miss Pippi is such a good helper no matter her bum size! Lovely merry snail mail. Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas and all the best for the coming year, am looking forward to your 2021 creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh most definitely; everybody needs a Christmas corner where pink is the star! Julie, your kitchen must smell divine with all that delicious baking and soy candles being whipped up. Truly, your home looks like a Christmas wonderland. May you enjoy these last days before Christmas, sitting in your home with a pretty teacup in hand, filled with tea of course, drinking in the splendour of your magical pretties. May you enjoy a beautiful Christmas Day celebrating with your lovely family, dear Julie. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy looking gifts--except for the Worm Tea. I am sure my plants would love it, but the name gives me the shivers. LOL
    Love the pretty soy candles--both the ones in vintage glass and the ones you decorated with the transfers. And don't the wood wicks make a cozy crackling sound?
    Your pink area is very pretty and delicate looking--and I remember that fairy. She really sparkles (especially when her lights get a new battery). :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your makes look wonderful - lucky recipients - even the worm tea! Your pink corner is very pretty. Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a better New Year! Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen so many pretty things in one home. You are so talented! I love the touches of pink too and especially such a delicate pink. Julie, hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous spread of yummy food, it looks wonderful. Your gifts look fabulous Julie, (when don't they) and beautifully packaged. Take care, very best Christmas wishes and see you next year.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of lovely lovely goodies Julie surrounded by all those treasures. The candles looked wonderful in the vintage glassware... very decorative! Sending you and your family warmest best wishes from across the pond for a Happy safe and cosy Christmas xx Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas to you and your family Julie. Your decorations look lovely and I am sure everyone will enjoy the treats. Hope you get some time to relax too.

    Julie and poppyq
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some much Christmas goodness! I hope you had a lovely Christmas Julie. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x