Sunday, February 7, 2021

Another Week Zipped on by ......................................

 Greetings lovely friends & readers

Well another week has zipped on by & here we are into February already !!


Whenever I need to just pop to town briefly, I quickly throw a linen dress on & toss my round-the-house-tatty-cotton-dress on the spare bed.  I hadn't realised Miss Pip was shut inside & came home to her curled up sound asleep on my house dress & did not have the heart to move her.

 
Alec does not return to school until next Tuesday so he came to stay at Granny's for awhile this past week.  We went to the Park, the Library & then to the local Berry Farm for an icecream cone. 


There are raspberries & blackberries available for picking at present so we picked a punnet of raspberries tho' alot went into a small boy's mouth I noticed πŸ˜‰


We went to the Garden Centre as I had a voucher from Christmas.  We bought Petunias & Busy Lizzies to fill some pots that had long since past their best.  I also bought a new pair of Gardening Gloves as mine were full of holes.

While Alec watered the garden (& most of me !!) I filled another 8 bottles of Worm Tea.  (This is the liquid residue that comes from my Worm farm & makes wonderful plant food)



I Wish I had taken a "before pic" of this ceramic pot from Mum's. She had used it to soak some old paint brushes in - obviously the paint had been brown as that is the color the pot was! I spent many hours of elbow grease scrubbing the outside & the inside to get it clean, then put it through the dishwasher a couple of times.  The inside was still a bit stained but the outside came up well.


I applied a Re-design transfer to it & potted up some babies tears - it goes nicely in my bathroom on the end of the bath.




I always follow Down to Earth Rhonda's advice & toss my tatty old dishcloths in the rag bag at the start of a New Year.  I have been knitting up my cotton/bamboo oddments & now have 4 fresh new dishcloths to use ... & will continue doing this as I have lots of scraps of the cotton yarn to use up.  


Another way I like to start the New Year is with a new Ironing Board Cover.  This heavy duty cotton fabric was in my stash so I sat on the floor yesterday, traced around my old ironing board cover & made a new one.  As I use the ironing board so much for craft work etc my covers get a hard time & I just LoVe having a fresh new one πŸ’•



My stepson sent through this gorgeous little photo of Juno wearing the dress I gifted her at Christmas time.  The sweet dress was made by my friend Julie who sews/blogs under the label bo and co



I thought I would share this delightful photo of Darcy - Sid's newest family member.  She has bought such joy into their lives & although she looked like she had "rolled in coal dust" when she first arrived, I notice how much she is lightening & going quite caramel. She honestly has the sweetest nature.




Wishing you all yet another great week ahead dear friends,
Thank You as always for your visits here today - remember to be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship to you All,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0
(NO idea why that has come out super huge dear readers - blogger does my head in sometimes !!! πŸ˜•)

22 comments:

  1. Now that is a delicious looking ice-cream and I imagine Alec thinks so too. What fun you have been having with your grandson! I seem to be seeing a lot of bloggers turning to dishcloth making recently perhaps I need to be thinking about doing a few myself. Yours look particularly pretty :-) What a cute little girl Juno is and so pretty in her new frock...so huggable! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm to the ice cream & fresh berries. Love your dishcloths & the how your pot plant looks. Juno looks so cute & adorable. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of all your outings. We are still in full mask and pandemic mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. One raspberry for the bucket, one for the mouth - that's how it goes, isn't it! Alec's ice cream looks very yummy. Juno looks lovely in her dress. I really should do something about my ironing board cover too. Your cover looks so pretty. Love the pot plant too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is full of deliciousness--a cozy place to nap, a young man with yummy berry ice cream, new gardening gloves, a pot of baby's tears, new dishcloths AND ironing board cover, a sweet wee girl in a pretty dress and bonnet, and an endearing little pup with glorious coat! So much to love! Looks like a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Pippi sure does miss you when you go out Julie, how cute, looks like you have a great time with your grandsons when they stay, lucky Alec, and lucky Sid to have such a cute dog to grow up with. Nice to see Juno in her Christmas gift Julie. Lordy I only change my ironing board cover when it is falling apartπŸ˜‚ Have a great week, hope the weather is better than we are having atm. Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling grandson, they are so fun. I can wear out a pair of garden gloves in a couple day weeding our old place. I wonder how I will do here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - yes I seem to go through alot here too with my big garden. They don't seem to last long. xx

      Delete
  8. The sight of Juno in her pretty dress and the sweet, sweet bonnet, made my heart smile. How fun for you and Alec to hang out with each other this week. How funny you finding Miss Pippi snuggled on your house dress; how sweet she is. Love your pretty new ironing board cover and it is always wonderful to see you transform something with your lovely transfers and fabulous imagination. You always transcend that which is looking a little worse for wear into something beautiful. Have a beautiful week, lovely Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie, there you are, even when you have a houseguest, still beavering away creating things! Alec looks like the kind of kid who likes to get messy and help out and Juno, what a pretty little thing she is. The puppy is delightful, I would love a little dog like her but I think Mollie would beat it up! Your ironing board cover is pretty, I can never find decent ones in the shops, they always tear easily, yours looks sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...here we are..first thing Sunday morning...
    Snow being forecast for the first time here down
    south..though the sky does'nt look like it..Not
    that l'm any weatherman..! :).

    What kind hearted and thoughtful soul Miss Pippi
    is..warming your house dress for you..Bless!x
    I expect Blackie is running run..putting on more
    weight..HeHe! Bless him..!x

    And Alec is certainly growing up..Goodnes! Love
    the hat...
    AND! AND! I can't express my admiration for the
    ironing board cover..excellent..mine is identical,
    except it has large white leaves as a pattern..! :)

    HaHa! I still have my dishcloths my daughter made me
    two Christmases ago..pinned up in the kitchen, never
    had the heart to use them, they look so nice, pinky
    and all...! :).

    Well, best get on, l see that Henny has just posted,
    another lemon tea, and l'll pop over and take a look..
    Let's hope Heidi is o.k. now...Bless!x
    ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheerful material on the ironing board, but I'll admit that ironing is a chore that I do not like to do ever, lol. Juno
    could pass for a model in that dress, how cute. I have bought worm castings here for fertilize, so I am jealous that
    you have your own "farm". What are Busy Lizzie flowers? Impatients? Miss Pippi was just trying to do her share of ironing
    on your dress for you, good girl she is. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn ... dear Juno is so sweet I agree. I seem to go through alot of ironing board covers because I use it so much for my craft work ... not so much for ironing the clothes it seems!!!! Yes Busy Lizzies are Impatiens - I could not think of their botanical name when I was writing my post - thanks for reminding me Lynn. xx

      Delete
  12. I hardly ever iron now that I don't get paid for it!!I love your ironing board cover though. You're so lucky to be able to go around practically like 'normal'. I love your dishcloths too. So neatly knitted. How quickly our grands grow up!Have a good week, Julie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to pull out my new cotton dish cloths yet this year. I have been holding off, but now thinking about it why?

    Love your new ironing board cover.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of lovely things to see.... fun to have a little helper! maybe the cat was missing you and wanted your scent.... I do handmade dishcloths too.. my car project mostly... I got a few bits done this week...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely upcycling,of your Mums pot. What a lovely way to spend time with your little one. Juno looks gorgeous in her pretty dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally awesome
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Selina = you are so kind. xx

      Delete
  17. Ah Miss Pippi!! Catching up here Julie! I thought I had commented but maybe not! Wonderful outing with Alec, I bet he enjoyed the ice cream. Great new life for that pot Julie. The dish cloths look great as does the ironing board cover.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x