Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas Prep ........................................

Greetings lovely friends & readers

          Well the 1st December came & went in the blink of an eye.

  I got my Grandson's advent calendars filled for another year & delivered to them in time.   It is getting trickier as they get older, to find things small enough to fit in those tiny stockings.


 

I have had to be a bit inventive & found I could tie the larger size packages to the peg with some string &                                                                then clip the stocking over the top. 

  I keep a written sheet for myself, so I know each day what they will be opening.  It would seem - from checking in with his parents - that Alec has done a bit of a re-shuffle with some of his 😉


A couple of weeks ago, Spotlight had huge reductions on all their Hessian so I treated myself to another length for my decking table.  

Every time I walk outside that $6 length of fabric just brings me so much pleasure.  I tizzied up the table a bit for Christmas & the red petunias just set everything off nicely.  💗



While I was placing my online Order I thought I would re-cover my outdoor cushions as well - they were looking quite a bit "worse for wear".   I decided to purchase the doiley print this time round & had great difficulty getting to actually Sew it  ... due to a certain Ginger Miss who thought it made a lovely soft sleeping spot when I was down on the floor cutting it all out !!

Finally I got them both done & am so pleased with the end result.  Yes of Course she had to test it out for comfort &                                              snugability !! Look at her there with her ample proportions lovely furry tummy!!


I received another order for my potpourri from Brandy's Botanicals - it seems to be very popular this Christmas.  I have been experimenting with drying some Calendula flowers in my Dehydrator - they don't take long so you have to keep an eye on them or they shrivel too much.  They add such a nice pop of colour to my citrus potpourri.


I've been re-doing my coffee table display for Christmas & filled a lovely silver plated dish with some of my fresh potpourri.  I will show my festive coffee table in my next post. 



Our craft group had our end of year Outing.  We went to Cambridge to view the Christmas display in the town hall which was wonderful.  I wanted to gift the ladies a little treat each - last year I did the Soaps wrapped in Dishcloths.   I had some peat pots that I'd recently painted roughly with white chalk paint so I stood at my kitchen bench & decoupaged paper serviettes onto them using mod-podge.  It was a fun, simple craft & looked effective.

I had planned to fill the pots with baked treats but simply ran out of time & energy.  The Warehouse had large boxes of Ferrero Rocher choccies on sale so I purchased one to fill my pots, then wrapped them in cellophane with a Christmassy tag.  The ladies were delighted.  Let me tell you dear friends .... quite a few of those choccy treats landed in my mouth while I was putting these together !!!! 😏  I've no idea how !!!

Sid has 3 new family members of the 2-legged variety.  My son Kayne has built this wonderful hen-house & they have 3 baby hens.  Sid has named his one (pictured above) Frankfurter (!!!), Sid's Mum has named hers Gertrude, & my son has named his Wingy 😉 .. I shall try not to fill my future posts with too many chicken photos.  

I had started my Christmas preparations early this year (mid November) but it still feels like it's going to be a mad rush to the end.  We are having our family Christmas this weekend as I will be travelling down to spend Christmas Day with Mum at the Resthome.  I will be back before then with another post.  I hope the lead-up is going okay for you all.  Remember to pause, to breathe & to try & enjoy the festivities.  (Yes - hark at me talking 😏)

Thank you, as always, for your visits here today,

With much love & friendship to you all,

Love Julie & the furry ones x0x0x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely things happening there Julie. Your little pots look amazing, what a great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie you work so hard , and you are a true giver to all.
    I love all your ideas . Enjoy your run up to Christmas, hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Julie...I am lost for words..(unusual for me)...
    The advent calendars are..'some' calendars..Wow!
    They are amazing, the boys will love them, and l
    bet there full of lovely surprises...!
    Even l, at my age would love one...Great! :).

    So Miss Pippi your regular assistant seems to be
    sleeping on the job...Bless!x And yes..her butt does
    seem a bit bigger than usual..HeHe! Is she trying
    to keep up with Blackie..!x

    And your gifts to the craft ladies are lovely to..all
    nice and sparkly with Ferroro Rocher..nice..!
    Can't resist a Ferroro Rocher either...! :).

    We've had some very cold weather over the last few
    days..Though the sun's out this morning, but, the
    worst thing happening is strikes..The trains, mail,
    ambulances, nurses, etc...and ALL over Christmas,
    still, l don't think it'll stop people enjoying themselves!

    Well..must get on, up the supermarket in a mo..few
    bit's and pieces needed, and all the foods gone up
    as well...l think l'll finish up with a brace of robins on
    Christmas day..HeHe! No! No! l just of course...! Bless!
    🎅 🎄 🦌 🎁 ⛄ 🤶 🎄 🦌 🎁 ⛄ 🎅 🎄 🦌 🎁 ⛄ 🎄 🦌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I enjoyed the instagram preview of some of these projects. Our town had it's Christmas parade and outdoor tree lighting Nov. 27. It was very warm for the time of year but raining all day long. I have not gone to it for years. The children in the area just love it all. Horse drawn wagons and more. Your candy pots were well accepted I am sure. Please do put out a few of the growing chicken photos, they'll be fun. Is this your mum's first Christmas in her new living arrangement? I hope you have a good visit with her soon. Our weather is definitely on the turn for the worse starting this weekend. Lynn and Precious XX PS Precious sends her Merry Christmas greeting to Miss Pip and Blackie. And is Fluffy still at the milking barn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn & Precious. Yes this is Mum's first Christmas in the Resthome. They put on a Christmas lunch & we are invited to join her - especially for the residents who are no longer able to go out. Mum is mostly bedridden now - its such a shame. I am going down with my eldest son & then his wife & son will join us later on Christmas day. Yes Fluffy is still at the farm ... I will get The Mr to get some photos of her - she leads a very nice life out there & he spoils her rotten. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Julie! Those treats for the ladies ARE lovely! Oh, your fat kitty is so funny! She has good taste! The pillows are so cute! Red petunias! It's so cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your grandsons advent calendars, gee I have to agree with you about the first of December Julie, doesn't help either that it is also my birthday, really wish I could have mine in July instead hehehe, never seem to enjoy it before Christmas is upon us. Love your table, how helpful is that of miss pippi, wish I had a helper like that:-)
    Isn't Sid's chook adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So productive Julie. I love the outdoor cushions and your quality control partner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of your hessian projects - had a good giggle at some of the gifties being reshuffled on the advent calenders! Must be elves doing that sort of thing... lovely pots of chocs for your friends...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always look forward to your Christmas posts Julie.The choc pots are really lovely. I'm trying out the making of reusable makeup remover pads and putting them in fabric pots that I bought at a craft fair last week.Take care of yourself Julie. Sounds like a busy time for you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such wonderful ideas. I am pretty sure some of the chocolates would have ended up in my mouth as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One minute it seems too early to start prep and the next it is upon us! So I know exactly what you mean, but you get loads done always so I am in awe. I seem to keep on top of work sewing but all my personal plans and little craft ideas get pushed aside. I love all your projects, so colourful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been keeping very busy Julie. Everything looks gorgeous as always. The hessian runner looks great. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x