Wednesday, December 13, 2023

A Green & Gold Christmas Coffee-Table Vignette

Greetings lovely friends & readers

Firstly thank you all So very much for your sweet kind comments on my last post.   The general consensus seems to be "Leave the stand silver & paint the star" - which I am more than happy with.    The problem here is that the star is currently missing - I blame the youngest four-legged member of the family & live in hope that I can find it again (!!!)  😸

Last week I decided to do a Christmas coffee table display in a Green & Gold colourway  πŸ’šπŸ’›

This largely came about because I had these 3 cherished items, bought home when I cleared out Mum's home            back in early March.  Mum always kept the Cherub candle holder & flower frog in her china cabinet & I found the gold Angel wrapped in tissue in a drawer.  I very much wanted to use these items as I especially loved the bronzy gold tonings of the cherub. 

 


I needed a tray for my display but had none apart, from silver ones.  I had bought this mirror home from Mums, actually lifted it off the wall at the last minute & thought I'd bring it home to donate.  It's frame was plain dark brown.  I unscrewed the hooks from the back so it sat flat & then went over the frame with my rub-n-buff ... it came up wonderful & just the right muted gold colour I was after.

                     Lights Turned Off                                 Lights Turned On                                                 

My only purchase was this gold glass "tree" which I bought online from Spotlight in their sale.  It has fairy lights inside & stands 36 cms tall.


I knew I had some thrifted candles that would fit in the cherub & found the perfect Christmas green.  All the other items on my tray are from past Christmas's or items I use daily around my home.  I sprinkled some gold stars over the glass when I was happy with everything.


The little wire heart tree in a pot also lights up & was purchased * here * back in 2020.


The gold baubles were a previous op shop purchase - you can buy bags of these very cheaply.  The bottom ones are actually broken but you just place them in the bottom & no-one knows  πŸ˜‰
 The tureens that the baubles are in are from the SPCA Op-shop purchased back * here * in 2021.

The wreath has been used for many years - I placed my glass tree inside it & wound some gold strings of beads around it.  Mums gold Angel sits just on the edge of it. The cream brocade tablecloth was a gift from my friend Joyce,  thrifted by her from the Church Op Shop where she works.
I LoVed my Green & Gold Vignette & when I sit on the couch at nights it makes me very happy to look at the treasures that were my Mums. 
Unfortunately I came in last night to close the curtains & what do you think greeted me dear friends .................... ??
...........................................................
...........................................................

...........................................................
Go on .....  take a guess .........................

............................................................


Raise your hand if you guessed right !!!!!!!  πŸ˜ 
And just look at the way her tail is curled so neatly around the flower frog making sure she doesn't stab her precious self !!!!!!!   She is honestly enough to make me give up  ....... & then yesterday I came home from town to this below  .....................

............................................................



Blackie parked up on my new outdoor table runner - Lord give me strength ! πŸ™



I decided to paint the wooden fruit board that I showed in my last post as I wanted to use this special Christmas transfer.  Unfortunately it turned out too dark - I have photographed it outside today as it's such a dull overcast day - but indoors, in my house, the transfer barely shows up.  I should have used a light coloured background.  But it's okay - its all learning & not everything I paint turns out just magical & wonderful.

I have acquired a small selection of Christmas books & wanted something to display them in.  This box (top left) was in my sleepout - it had gotten damp at some stage & had watermarks all through it.  I painted it Vintage White & mod-podged this lovely piece of decoupage paper to the front.  The paint covered over the watermarks really well.



I'm really pleased with how this project turned out & Sid sat on the floor yesterday & read through some of the Christmas Children's books (all thrifted of course)

The felt elf boots (top left) have been on my Pinterest board for a couple of years.  Last night I decided I wanted to make some so I drew up a pattern, scaled it down somewhat & then sat & stitched a pair of elf boots.  Mine are in pale green felt with pink pom poms because Why Ever Not ? πŸ’šπŸ’—

Before I close a mention regarding my last post .... the last photo of the $12 thrifted picture is actually Our beloved Late Queen as a young Princess Elizabeth.  Some of you realised this & some did not.  My dear friend Willie very kindly did some research on this & sent me * this link * if any of you are interested in reading about the prints.

Thank you so very much dear friends, for your visits here today,

I hope to be back in a few days with a Christmas-Home-Tour-of-sorts to share with you,

Wishing you a wonderful rest-of-the-week,

With much love & friendship,

Julie & the furry three x0x0x0


17 comments:

  1. More lovely Christmassy stuff from you is always a pleasure to behold! Your furry friends think so too by the looks of it! I went to my ex place of employment today to help put up the Xmas Decs! 7 hours it took me!!In the end I was practically throwing stuff at the tree and leaving it where it landed! Think I'm all xmassed-out already!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything looks wonderful Julie, and yes I think we all guessed right, you gotta love those cats. Thanks Willie will go have a look at the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Gold and Green looks so good together , and Yes Cats do like to see what you have been up to .
    Have a good week, hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely display Julie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold cherub display is lovely, and just right for
    the time of year...Love the babbles to...!
    Oh! and don't forget Julie you also have three more
    cherubs...HeHe! Covered in fur of course...! :)xxx
    And, Blackie is only lying on the table runner, to make
    sure it does'nt blow away...! Bless! :O).

    It's nice to have things around the home, especially
    from family and friends, my home is full of reminders
    from family and friends, things that mean so much to
    'ME'...and only me..!
    I put up the nativity crib last Sunday, it's the very same
    crib mia Mama bought when l was five years old, it
    takes a couple of hours, but well worth, the upsetting bit
    is putting it away in the new year...! :(.

    It's nearly nine in the morning over here, another green tea
    me thinks, honey and lemon..staying home to~day, things
    to make and do...HeHe! As they say...a woman's work is
    never done...Mine is...HeHe! As l'm good at it...! Bless! :O).
    🧦🎢🦌🧝☃️🌟πŸͺπŸ₯›πŸ΄πŸŽ€ 🧦🎢🦌🧝☃️🌟πŸͺπŸ₯›πŸ΄πŸŽ€

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Christmas display, and applaud you for continuing in the face of furry interest. The green and gold vignette is very special. The Christmas book display is delightful and just right for capturing a child's attention. The elf boots . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to enjoy precious things from your Mum. One of my previous cats added herself to the nativity scene under the Christmas tree one year - they just can't help but get involved, can they? At least Miss Pippi hadn't knocked the display over! I knew it wouldn't be long before they discovered the table runner! I love the Christmas box idea too and the Elf boots are really sweet.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how you find one bit or another of something and a whole idea just leaps out! Gold! The table looks great and I'm glad you said the glass cone was actually a tree. In the first photo I was not sure what it could be. And of course how could a table of gold not have a ginger cat, lol. You've come out of covid fog into a shining world of crafting. Great doings and fun to see. I am currently crocheting a gown for an 8 inch antique craft doll that had been my Grandmother's. Needed something to do with my fingers and cross stitch is going too slow. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love ,love all the gold. So pretty. Do the cats help decorate? Love to little boots, might try and make some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kim. No the cats don't help to decorate - they just come along when its all done & plonk themselves down in the middle of it all!!! xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely Christmas display. Seems we have something in common with furry friends sitting in/on Christmas displays. :) :). Hope you find the little star. Love the little Elf boots, they are just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty gold display. I love it. The little elf boots are so dang cute. I hope you find the star very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, simply beautiful, Julie. And of course it's the beauty you create which draws the attention of those admiring felines, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Christmas displays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Julie those cats!! Of course we know your displays are for them and only them!! Love your gold display and also that the bits and bobs have special meaning. Love the Elf boots too, you are very clever with your creating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You would be lost without your cats, and they seem to be very careful about not breaking anything :) My boy has settled well after the move, thankfully.
    Loving your Christmas vignette on the 'mirror' tray - such an ingenious use of the mirror. You are so inspiring with you adaptations of items.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Hello, & thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts - I read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :-)
I always prefer to reply to your comments by email unless you are a no-reply-blogger in which case I will reply to your comments in this section here. Thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment on my blog x0x